• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drive Already In Use Message

BJFM

Question

I have Roxio Creator Premier SD 10.1 installed on a PC with 4 users set up with their own logins. I can't get the program to burn a disc as it always displays the message " In use by .... " in the bottom left hand corner of the main dialogue box. This is even when I've started the computer anew and I'm the only user logged on. I assume ... ( one of the others users ) at some stage must have attempted to abort a burn but Roxio still thinks it's still in some active queue that I don't know how to access so I can clear it. I know I some times need to do this for a print job in the printer queue so I expect their must also be a burn job queue as well ?? I've tried to use the Microsoft burner check function and it says the drive is OK and working OK ??? Any help appreciated ???

3 answers to this question

I have Roxio Creator Premier SD 10.1 installed on a PC with 4 users set up with their own logins. I can't get the program to burn a disc as it always displays the message " In use by .... " in the bottom left hand corner of the main dialogue box. This is even when I've started the computer anew and I'm the only user logged on. I assume ... ( one of the others users ) at some stage must have attempted to abort a burn but Roxio still thinks it's still in some active queue that I don't know how to access so I can clear it. I know I some times need to do this for a print job in the printer queue so I expect their must also be a burn job queue as well ?? I've tried to use the Microsoft burner check function and it says the drive is OK and working OK ??? Any help appreciated ???

In the message, "In use by..." is it a user that's indicated by the three dots? Or does it say Direct CD or DLA or something other than a user name? Is there a disc in the drive? If so, what happens if you take the disc out?

The 3 dots were meant to represent the name of the second user set up on the PC. When you click on the button above the "in use" message ( it's a triangle above a line in the centre of a circle/button ) it says " That drive is in use by another user or another product " but this is not the case as there is no CD/DVD in the drive and I've just restarted the PC and logged on myself. When I do put in a CD/DVD noting happens or changes. Then while the disc is still in the drive I've looked at the drive properties via the Creator Tools menu and it says there is no disc in the drive ???

The 3 dots were meant to represent the name of the second user set up on the PC. When you click on the button above the "in use" message ( it's a triangle above a line in the centre of a circle/button ) it says " That drive is in use by another user or another product " but this is not the case as there is no CD/DVD in the drive and I've just restarted the PC and logged on myself. When I do put in a CD/DVD noting happens or changes. Then while the disc is still in the drive I've looked at the drive properties via the Creator Tools menu and it says there is no disc in the drive ???

Are the various accounts "Administrator" accounts? Have you tried using an administrator account? It could be a privilege issue.

I'm also not familiar with that particular version, Creator Premier SD 10.1. Did that come pre-installed on the machine? Or did you buy it separately? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? You can find directions for doing a "clean" uninstall/reinstall here.

Archived