I'm about to reinstall Roxio 6 ...

gene921

Question

Well, it's been several hours, and nothing has changed.

EMC8 has consistently:

1. Crashed when closing "Roxio has encountered a problem and needs to close". (all applications, from what I can see so far)

2. Been "unable to load source information" when attempting to rip from an audio CD (Creator Classic)

3. Immediately crashed when browsing for a source file (Disc Copier)

After not getting any luck with auto-response chick, and LIVE CHAT not working AT ALL, I called Tech Support who told me that I needed to go into Windows Registry and delete Roxio/Sonic files that EMC8 doesn't know enough to clean up when it installs, and interferes with the operation of EMC8. (WTF?)

Anyway, I did so, and nothing has changed.

Then, I found out that Tech Support closed my ticket without checking with me to see if the issue was resolved. (WTF?)

Then, I tried to call Tech Support and found out they close at 6pm EST. (WTF?)

I'm astonished at this experience. I hate it when products don't work. But I really hate it when companies are adversarial with their customers.

I want my money back and just reinstall ECDC6. I didn't have any problems wtih that ...

1 answer to this question

I want my money back and just reinstall ECDC6. I didn't have any problems wtih that ...

Contact Roxio directly, but before you do, clean up the language in your post, or it will probably find the trash can.

You didn't list your system specs, so no one knows if your computer can handle the software. List them here. Maybe we can help out.

Archived