AC3 Audio Not Supported

nrswettenham

Question

Dear All,

I'm trying to capture and then edit video from DVD, however EMC7 [7.1.0.219 ENU] says that AC3 audio is not supported in this version, and the audio will be replaced by silence ... which it is!

The dialogue box recommends I visit the Roxio home-page but I can't find an immediate fix. Any suggestions?

Nigel/UK

5 answers to this question

Thanks Bruce and Paul ...

I'm still not quite there!

Bruce, is there a plugin from Roxio that I can access?

Paul, I'm slightly worried about the plugin site that you kindly suggested which seems rather old, and does not mention Windows XP [my operating system]. Is there anything more recent?

Regards,

Nigel/UK

Thanks Bruce and Paul ...

I'm still not quite there!

Bruce, is there a plugin from Roxio that I can access?

Paul, I'm slightly worried about the plugin site that you kindly suggested which seems rather old, and does not mention Windows XP [my operating system]. Is there anything more recent?

Regards,

Nigel/UK

As far as I know, it is the latest but it does work for XP. Soundforge has a beta I believe but it looks to be old as well. You can google for 'AC3' and see what you might find. Stay away for codec packs as they will install things you don't need.

Dear All,

I'm trying to capture and then edit video from DVD, however EMC7 [7.1.0.219 ENU] says that AC3 audio is not supported in this version, and the audio will be replaced by silence ... which it is!

The dialogue box recommends I visit the Roxio home-page but I can't find an immediate fix. Any suggestions?

Nigel/UK

If you have a version that came with a DVD burner or a computer, you will need an AC3 plugin. If you have the Retail (boxed) or downloaded version, it supports AC3 already.

Archived