• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 7.5 Sound Editor

itsme51

Question

10 answers to this question

A track is an individual sound clip, such as one song from a CD. The term layer means that you can add one sound clip to a layer, add another sound clip to a second layer, and move the second clip so that it overlaps the first clip a little so that it starts while the end of the first clip is just finishing.

Play with it. You will then understand what I am saying.

Thank you ! That was very helpful. 'Nother question. I have an instrumental version of a song on a CD. I would like to sing along with that instrumental so the end result is me singing with musical background. How do I ?? My guess is that I would copy the song from the CD to Sound Editor. Then what? Would I play the song in Sound Editor while I record my singing using my microphone? Basic question is how do I get the instrumental and my singing in one file?

susiekay

Thank you ! That was very helpful. 'Nother question. I have an instrumental version of a song on a CD. I would like to sing along with that instrumental so the end result is me singing with musical background. How do I ?? My guess is that I would copy the song from the CD to Sound Editor. Then what? Would I play the song in Sound Editor while I record my singing using my microphone? Basic question is how do I get the instrumental and my singing in one file?

susiekay

I have never tried it, but you could use the Record Audio in Sound Editor to record your singing. Save that as a sound file, then open the file from your CD, and put that on the first layer, then put your singing on the 2nd layer, overlaying entirely the first track.

You are going to have to play around with it. Maybe someone else who has done what you want, will drop in here and offer some help, also.

I have never tried it, but you could use the Record Audio in Sound Editor to record your singing. Save that as a sound file, then open the file from your CD, and put that on the first layer, then put your singing on the 2nd layer, overlaying entirely the first track.

You are going to have to play around with it. Maybe someone else who has done what you want, will drop in here and offer some help, also.

Thank you. Excellent advice. I'll try it.

KUDOS Bruce for the help given !! I have never done that exact same thing the OP was doing but I found out that you can also overlap audio even when you insert a video into a Videowave production. Added a video when in Storyboard that had audio associated with it and then completely over-lapped another audio file on another track. Works slick. Playing around with all of these perks that you get with EMC can really produce some great DVD's.

Frank....

I sort of had another stream going along this same topic and in the other stream I advised everyone my problem was solved and all ended well but I noticed I never responded here. My vocal/music are totally in sync and all's well. Thanks for the help!!

itsme51 - susan

I sort of had another stream going along this same topic and in the other stream I advised everyone my problem was solved and all ended well but I noticed I never responded here. My vocal/music are totally in sync and all's well. Thanks for the help!!

itsme51 - susan

High fives to you, Susan! Well, a hug, anyway. :)

You are welcome, but I don't know if it will work. Let us know.

Well grandpabruce you are a genius! I did as you suggested. Placed the instrumental on layer 1. Recorded my singing and played it on layer 2 completely overlaying layer 1. Saved the project. Closed out of of it. Re-opened the project. Hit Play and voila I am now accompanied by my own perosnal backup band! I just need to play with the timing a little because my singing is about 1-2 seconds behind the music but I think I can play with it to match up. Thank you so much !! I love these forums. I am learning so much and they are much more helpful than the Roxio help !! But I can't say much else bad about Roxio. I am having so much fun with it and haven't had many glitches. I just am not all that computer savvy so I need some hand holding.

susiekay

Well grandpabruce you are a genius! I did as you suggested. Placed the instrumental on layer 1. Recorded my singing and played it on layer 2 completely overlaying layer 1. Saved the project. Closed out of of it. Re-opened the project. Hit Play and voila I am now accompanied by my own perosnal backup band! I just need to play with the timing a little because my singing is about 1-2 seconds behind the music but I think I can play with it to match up. Thank you so much !! I love these forums. I am learning so much and they are much more helpful than the Roxio help !! But I can't say much else bad about Roxio. I am having so much fun with it and haven't had many glitches. I just am not all that computer savvy so I need some hand holding.

susiekay

You are welcome. Hopefully you can get the two in sync. Let us know.

KUDOS Bruce for the help given !! I have never done that exact same thing the OP was doing but I found out that you can also overlap audio even when you insert a video into a Videowave production. Added a video when in Storyboard that had audio associated with it and then completely over-lapped another audio file on another track. Works slick. Playing around with all of these perks that you get with EMC can really produce some great DVD's.

Frank....

Newbie here. What is the difference between a "layer" and a "track" in Sound Editor? Is there an advantage for using one or the other?

susiekay

A track is an individual sound clip, such as one song from a CD. The term layer means that you can add one sound clip to a layer, add another sound clip to a second layer, and move the second clip so that it overlaps the first clip a little so that it starts while the end of the first clip is just finishing.

Play with it. You will then understand what I am saying.

Archived