• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video looks distored on computer during playback - new HD camera

medspec

Question

I purchased a new Sony HD Video camera. When I playback video in the camera viewfinder, it looks great. In the Roxio capture window, people look distorted - too tall and skinny. I also tried to capture in Adobe Premiere with the same results. Sony support says it is a software problem. The same thing happens on DV or HDV tapes. I also tried capturing from my Sony camcorder with the same results. How can I adapt Roxio capture so the video is not distorted? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

Is there any software that came with your Sony HD Video camera that would allow you to capture? Do you experience the same issue with that software? Also, what connection was used to conntect the Sony HD Video camera to your computer?

Ivan

Is there any software that came with your Sony HD Video camera that would allow you to capture? Do you experience the same issue with that software? Also, what connection was used to conntect the Sony HD Video camera to your computer?

Ivan

No software came with the camera. I am using an ilink -- tried the tape in the new HDV camera and my regular Sony DV camera and neither solved the problem.

Thanks

Are you recording in a 16:9 format or a 4:3 format I do not think that V 7.5 handles wide screen Version 8 does.

I purchased a new Sony HD Video camera. When I playback video in the camera viewfinder, it looks great. In the Roxio capture window, people look distorted - too tall and skinny. I also tried to capture in Adobe Premiere with the same results. Sony support says it is a software problem. The same thing happens on DV or HDV tapes. I also tried capturing from my Sony camcorder with the same results. How can I adapt Roxio capture so the video is not distorted? Thanks!

Archived