• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Message And Program Wants To Update

donnellf

Question

My company seems to be having an issue with our Dell computers and an associated program which is in conflict with Roxio. I have had this happen on several machines and each time I have had to delete Roxio and reinstall. Only this time I can't delete the update manager. I have been able to delete all other files, but that one. And what is happeneing is as we run this other program we get an error message saying Roxio needs to update. It askes for the CD, but once we install the CD it says it can't find the update manager msi file. I have tried copying an msi file and placing it in the folder but to no avail. Any suggestions????

1 answer to this question

My company seems to be having an issue with our Dell computers and an associated program which is in conflict with Roxio. I have had this happen on several machines and each time I have had to delete Roxio and reinstall. Only this time I can't delete the update manager. I have been able to delete all other files, but that one. And what is happeneing is as we run this other program we get an error message saying Roxio needs to update. It askes for the CD, but once we install the CD it says it can't find the update manager msi file. I have tried copying an msi file and placing it in the folder but to no avail. Any suggestions????

Update Manager has been taken over by Acresso. You may find something here

Since you are having issues with Dell machines, this may be a better place.

Archived