my dvd L E 7 uninstalled in order to install videowave8

patden04@yahoo.com

Question

On my third install attempt I uninstalled the older version of mydvd L E 7 which came with this

dell inspiron 6000 lap top. BIG MISTAKE The new version of My DVD which comes with videowave8

knocks out the Drive D So I uninstalled videowave 8 and restored my computer but now

the old version of mydvd is gone and so is the new version. The new version uninstalles

DLA so now all is lost. I no longer have the sonic mydvd LE 7 nor do I have the new mydvd

which comes with videowave 8. Any information helpful

2 answers to this question

On my third install attempt I uninstalled the older version of mydvd L E 7 which came with this

dell inspiron 6000 lap top. BIG MISTAKE The new version of My DVD which comes with videowave8

knocks out the Drive D So I uninstalled videowave 8 and restored my computer but now

the old version of mydvd is gone and so is the new version. The new version uninstalles

DLA so now all is lost. I no longer have the sonic mydvd LE 7 nor do I have the new mydvd

which comes with videowave 8. Any information helpful

Install VideoWave 8 again. Even though you don't say what your drive D is, I have to make an assumption that it is your optical drive. If it is still missing, get the file in the following post, and install it:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

If that doesn't fix it, then you could try the following:

If the drive(s) are still listed in the Device Manager, delete them then carefully follow this fix:

"Upper/Lower Filters:

a. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key

b. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or clicking the "+" next to it.)

c. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key

d. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key

e. Expand the "Control" Key

f. Expand the "Class" Key

g. Look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

h. Highlight this key by left clicking once on it

i. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"

j. Exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer"

Make sure that Sonic DLA is not installed when you install your EMC 8, again.

Thanks Grandpa Bruce. This is a dell inspiron 6000 laptop that came with sonic mydvd L E & installed

from the factory. Dell did not provide me with backup discs to reload this sonic mydvd.

It has an optical drive named _NEC dvd +rw nd-6500a

I uninstalled the old sonic mydvd and the old vidoewave4 both which worked perfectly until the

new videowave 6 was installed. now I cant reinstall the old mydvd le since no backup roms

came with the computer. There are lots of half files lying around in there all corrupted.

How can I totally deleat all earlier sonic files etc before attempting to reinstall videowave 8?

By the way, that patch from sonic.......px engine.... I already downloaded it into the pc

and it made no difference al all.

thanks for your reply

Thanks Grandpa Bruce. This is a dell inspiron 6000 laptop that came with sonic mydvd L E & installed

from the factory. Dell did not provide me with backup discs to reload this sonic mydvd.

It has an optical drive named _NEC dvd +rw nd-6500a

I uninstalled the old sonic mydvd and the old vidoewave4 both which worked perfectly until the

new videowave 6 was installed. now I cant reinstall the old mydvd le since no backup roms

came with the computer. There are lots of half files lying around in there all corrupted.

How can I totally deleat all earlier sonic files etc before attempting to reinstall videowave 8?

By the way, that patch from sonic.......px engine.... I already downloaded it into the pc

and it made no difference al all.

thanks for your reply

Archived