• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sync problem

fhendo

Question

I know this has been an on-going issue, but I was fine in EMC 7, but have synch problems in 8. The problem does not seem to apply to video that was shot with a digital camera--that is in synch. However VHS video that imported is out of synch. I see the fix pinned up above, but I am not sure what "DVR MS" video is. Will that fix solve my problem. The video is fine when I load it onto my computer (Sony VAIO 3.2 Ghz), but is out of synch when I bring it into a Roxio application. Again will the fix above work for me--and will my mini DV videos which ARE in synch stay in synch.

Thanks

Frank

11 answers to this question

Frank, that DVR MS file are essentially TIVO files.

Many people have had success captuing and wotking with AVI files rather than mpg files. They are large so you have to have a lot of disc space. If you have to capture using mpg, capture in several smaller sections (less than 20 minutes) and work with those.

Not sure what you mean by theat bolded below. How are you loading the files onto the computer and how ydo you know they are in sysnc on your computer?

I know this has been an on-going issue, but I was fine in EMC 7, but have synch problems in 8. The problem does not seem to apply to video that was shot with a digital camera--that is in synch. However VHS video that imported is out of synch. I see the fix pinned up above, but I am not sure what "DVR MS" video is. Will that fix solve my problem. The video is fine when I load it onto my computer (Sony VAIO 3.2 Ghz), but is out of synch when I bring it into a Roxio application. Again will the fix above work for me--and will my mini DV videos which ARE in synch stay in synch.

Thanks

Frank

Sorry that I was not clear. When i load analog video I use sony's "Giga Pocket" which came with the computer and converts analog to digital. While in that application, if I play back the video (using Window media player or Real player), there is no synch problem. I do not go out of synch until I add the video to a Roxio application such as videowave and/or my dvd. The synch problem occurs regardless of the length of the video that was imported. Let me work on the AVI vs MP3 question--hopefully that will fix it.

OK, apparently when I load in Giga Pocket the files are automatically saved as Mpeg files. However I can convert the MPEG to an AVI file which does in fact solve the synch problem when I add the clip to a videowave production. Now the question is this--how degraded will the final picture be when the already compressed mpeg files which I converted to AVI are converted and thus compressed again back into mpeg files? What is your opinion?

OK, apparently when I load in Giga Pocket the files are automatically saved as Mpeg files. However I can convert the MPEG to an AVI file which does in fact solve the synch problem when I add the clip to a videowave production. Now the question is this--how degraded will the final picture be when the already compressed mpeg files which I converted to AVI are converted and thus compressed again back into mpeg files? What is your opinion?

Hi, fhendo. I understand what you are doing mainly because I have a Sony Vaio with Gigapocket and have done exactly what you did many times. The quality in the Videowave preview window should not be noticebly degraded. However, when burned to a DVD and then viewed on a TV, you may see a degradation in the quality. I have both EMC7 and EMC8 and can clearly see a difference in quality on the final DVD product when burning the exact same video clip, with Version 7 being better. I do not believe this has much to do with the source media, but rather the rendering ability of V7 versus V8. There are some user on these boards that will agree with me on the rendering, and some that will disagree. You will have to try for yourself on your system.

I would suggest you import the AVI captured video into Videowave, preview, burn to MyDVD using a RW disc, view on your TV, and then judge for yourself as far as quality is concerned.

That is my opinion as you asked for. Hope it is of some benefit.

Hi, fhendo. I understand what you are doing mainly because I have a Sony Vaio with Gigapocket and have done exactly what you did many times. The quality in the Videowave preview window should not be noticebly degraded. However, when burned to a DVD and then viewed on a TV, you may see a degradation in the quality. I have both EMC7 and EMC8 and can clearly see a difference in quality on the final DVD product when burning the exact same video clip, with Version 7 being better. I do not believe this has much to do with the source media, but rather the rendering ability of V7 versus V8. There are some user on these boards that will agree with me on the rendering, and some that will disagree. You will have to try for yourself on your system.

I would suggest you import the AVI captured video into Videowave, preview, burn to MyDVD using a RW disc, view on your TV, and then judge for yourself as far as quality is concerned.

That is my opinion as you asked for. Hope it is of some benefit.

I agree with Steve. I won't use EMC 8 for video work. I use EMC 7.5.

Thanks guys! I have been using RW discs, so at least I am not creating posters. Just curious--do you guys have different versions of EMC on the same computer, or different computers?

I have EMC 7.5. I use it for the video work only and use EMC 8 Deluxe for everything else.

Thanks guys! I have been using RW discs, so at least I am not creating posters. Just curious--do you guys have different versions of EMC on the same computer, or different computers?

The two versions can coexist in the same computer (just an FYI).

Archived