• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photosuite Crashes

martyn58

Question

Hi guys

When i try to open a photo in Photosuite, I receive an error message and the program closes itself.

This has happened before and i did a complete reinstall of Creator 2009 whcih solved the problem but now some 2 weeks later it has happened again.

I have a copy of the error message but can't see a way of attaching it at the moment.

The message reads as:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...Files\Roxio Creator 2009\Photosuite 11\PhotoSuite11.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact your applications support team for more information.

Any suggestions other than a complete reinstall?

3 answers to this question

Hi guys

When i try to open a photo in Photosuite, I receive an error message and the program closes itself.

This has happened before and i did a complete reinstall of Creator 2009 whcih solved the problem but now some 2 weeks later it has happened again.

I have a copy of the error message but can't see a way of attaching it at the moment.

The message reads as:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...Files\Roxio Creator 2009\Photosuite 11\PhotoSuite11.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact your applications support team for more information.

Any suggestions other than a complete reinstall?

I am posting this update as it may help others in future. I have isolated the problem to a Registry clean up program that I run regularly. Restoring the changes it made allowed Creator to run ok.

Be very careful if anyone else uses such programs as Creator 2009 may become corrupted.

Regards

Martyn

I am posting this update as it may help others in future. I have isolated the problem to a Registry clean up program that I run regularly. Restoring the changes it made allowed Creator to run ok.

Be very careful if anyone else uses such programs as Creator 2009 may become corrupted.

Regards

Martyn

There is absolutely no reason to run a registry cleanup program, on a regular basis. Anyone who does, and doesn't know what they are doing, is playing Russian Roulette with their computer.

There is absolutely no reason to run a registry cleanup program, on a regular basis. Anyone who does, and doesn't know what they are doing, is playing Russian Roulette with their computer.

I keep 4 or 5 PCs running 24/7. The oldest is 1997. Last Reg Cleaner I ran was in 1996.

Archived