• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows 2003 Server Install

cecwin@mnsi.net

Question

I tried installing Easy media Creator 8 on Windows 2003 server today, and eventually it kicked out having a problem not finding a specific problem. I then checked the requirements on the site here and it does not list 2003 Server as one fo the oerpating systems.

The question to Roxio technical support -- is this the case, that Easy media 8 will not install on 2003 server? I find that rather strange since in previous years with earlier releases and other Windows server O/S's we could do such. If anything, one would want to burn dvd's and the like off of a server for data backup.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I tried installing Easy media Creator 8 on Windows 2003 server today, and eventually it kicked out having a problem not finding a specific problem. I then checked the requirements on the site here and it does not list 2003 Server as one fo the oerpating systems.

The question to Roxio technical support -- is this the case, that Easy media 8 will not install on 2003 server? I find that rather strange since in previous years with earlier releases and other Windows server O/S's we could do such. If anything, one would want to burn dvd's and the like off of a server for data backup.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Well, this is just a user forum here, not a way to contact Roxio/Sonic, but to answer your question, no EMC8 is not supported on any server OS and those who reported trying to during the beta testing could not get it to either. If you were able to install earlier versions on a server, then you were fortunate, as server OS's have never been supported, nor usually worked for those who came to the forum here asking the same question.

Archived