new PhysX™ Processing Unit (PPU) to take users to a completely new level of video realism

The Highlander

Taipei, Taiwan; May 9, 2006 – ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), a leading provider of graphics solutions, today introduced the PhysX P1 card, which adopted Ageia's™ all-new PhysX™ Processing Unit (PPU) to take gamers to a completely new level of video realism. Currently, only two companies have the capability to develop PPU cards, and ASUS is one of the pioneers. ASUS will begin distributing this exciting new product this month.

In a gaming system, the CPU (Central Processing Unit) drives game AI and logic, while the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) delivers beautiful three-dimensional visual representation. The PPU takes gaming to the next level with never-seen-before dynamic motion and interaction.

By bringing the laws of physics into video performance, systems with the PhysX P1 card can now offer enhanced realism for explosions, flying debris, liquid flows, water splashes and movements influenced by wind. No two motions will be the same, which means no more canned animations and predetermined interaction.

The PhysX P1 card is first to leverage the PhysX core that optimized specifically for dynamic large-scale, physics processing," said Kent Chien, Director of ASUS graphics and multimedia business. "This new video technology accelerates real-time physical motion and interaction at a scale far beyond those of CPUs and GPUs.

With the list of growing PhysX accelerated games poised to hit the stores this year, players need to equip themselves with the most advanced graphics technology to experience gaming realism that not only looks real but acts and feels real as well.

The PhysX P1 card is now available worldwide.

Artical link here

I was wondering the same thing,I was just waiting for you to ask Gary...lol

You add it in as an add-on card and there is a link cable to link it to the video card like the old Voodoo 3DFX cards did with the small strap that shotgunned the card.

And even though it seems like a lot of fussing around, id still like to see how it looks versus a normal render of a game.... (these are meant to be how all graphics are going )

And the cost is/will be? :D There are video cards out there now that are in the $1500 range; I think that is what I paid for my whole computer with a 256 NVidia card. :) There is just something wrong with adding a $1500 video card to a gaming machine that can cost $4000 already. Toys !

I wonder if that would allow me to see the pan and zoom preview? :huh:

Can you tell that I'm not a gamer?

Taipei, Taiwan; May 9, 2006 – ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), a leading provider of graphics solutions, today introduced the PhysX P1 card, which adopted Ageia's™ all-new PhysX™ Processing Unit (PPU) to take gamers to a completely new level of video realism. Currently, only two companies have the capability to develop PPU cards, and ASUS is one of the pioneers. ASUS will begin distributing this exciting new product this month.

In a gaming system, the CPU (Central Processing Unit) drives game AI and logic, while the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) delivers beautiful three-dimensional visual representation. The PPU takes gaming to the next level with never-seen-before dynamic motion and interaction.

By bringing the laws of physics into video performance, systems with the PhysX P1 card can now offer enhanced realism for explosions, flying debris, liquid flows, water splashes and movements influenced by wind. No two motions will be the same, which means no more canned animations and predetermined interaction.

The PhysX P1 card is first to leverage the PhysX core that optimized specifically for dynamic large-scale, physics processing," said Kent Chien, Director of ASUS graphics and multimedia business. "This new video technology accelerates real-time physical motion and interaction at a scale far beyond those of CPUs and GPUs.

With the list of growing PhysX accelerated games poised to hit the stores this year, players need to equip themselves with the most advanced graphics technology to experience gaming realism that not only looks real but acts and feels real as well.

The PhysX P1 card is now available worldwide.

Artical link here

there is a link cable to link it to the video card
For the longest time I didnt' know what SLI was. I forget what the letters mean, but technically that is what SLI is - connecting two video cards together so they run as one. Somehow the link will use the GPU on both cards to create one video output. Talk about some serious gaming.

Who was that dude that tore apart that HD/DVD player ? We need this guy to check this new card out too !! :) This first time I looked at the card I really didn't see that there was no monitor port but thenafter a few more glances I was wondering the same thing. I'm not into gaming so no matter what it does for gamers or how much it costs, I sure wouldn't make it a priority on my list of new "toys". I'm sure there will be lots of them sold by the very serious gamers however.

Frank....

Twentyfive years ago I marvelled at my little daughter's speed compared to mine, when playing games on my computer. She explained to me "Well Daddy, you are only an adult."

I think if I got a better video card now and went gaming, it would only show me getting killed faster than before and in more excruciating detail. :)

Twentyfive years ago I marvelled at my little daughter's speed compared to mine, when playing games on my computer. She explained to me "Well Daddy, you are only an adult."

I think if I got a better video card now and went gaming, it would only show me getting killed faster than before and in more excruciating detail. :)

Im not a gamer ether, but i still think this is a real big move into the AI and realism aspects of computer...

imagine were this can now go (if it is as they say it will be)

soon not only will you have kids and some young adults (that live in a cyber world) playing on line games like warcraft 3 ect... now there will be a almost real world there in look and visuals...

Makes the part in the Matrix films come closer with the jack in the back of your neck...

Archived