• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009

GPRE

Question

First of all I am 65 years of age and am not comfortable with modern contracptions; so please bear with me.I had a Roxio MyDVD Sonic DigitalMedia Plusv7 and I must have clicked on something to make it stop recording/copying my videos/dvds. The error message was:"Runtime Error : Program c:\ProgramFiles\Sonic\MyDVD.EXE This application has requested the RunTime to terminate in an unusual way.Please contact the application support team.....I went to my "all programs " on my computer and saw Sonic,so I clicked it hopeing it would have a re-install button -it did not. Got this mesage when I went to click on the icon on my desktop screen.Exception Processing Messagec00000013 Parameters . So I thought I will buy another Roxio program and when I downloaded it I got this ERROR message: "Setup encountered an error during installation." I NEED HELP. ITRIED CALLING THE VARIOUS NUMBERS BUT IT LED ME TO RECORDING AFTER RECORDING AFTER RECORDING AFTER PHONE NUMBERS THAT DID NOT EXIST. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?!!!!!!!!!

2 answers to this question

First of all I am 65 years of age and am not comfortable with modern contracptions; so please bear with me.

I had a Roxio MyDVD Sonic DigitalMedia Plus V7 and I must have clicked on something to make it stop recording/copying my videos/dvds.

The error message was:"Runtime Error : Program c:\ProgramFiles\Sonic\MyDVD.EXE This application has requested the RunTime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team..... I went to my "all programs " on my computer and saw Sonic, so I clicked it hopeing it would have a re-install button -it did not. Got this mesage when I went to click on the icon on my desktop screen.Exception Processing Messagec00000013 Parameters .

So I thought I will buy another Roxio program and when I downloaded it I got this ERROR message: "Setup encountered an error during installation."

I NEED HELP. ITRIED CALLING THE VARIOUS NUMBERS BUT IT LED ME TO RECORDING AFTER RECORDING AFTER RECORDING AFTER PHONE NUMBERS THAT DID NOT EXIST. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?!!!!!!!!!

I think I understand! :rolleyes:

I'm older than that but I still remember how to use paragraphs for easy reading and to not use all caps unless I really do want to yell at someone. Of course that someone should not be anyone that you want to read your post ! :angry:

You old program would not work if you have Internet Explorer version 10 and above nor will it work if you have Windows Media Player 11 and above.

You will have to give us a hint on what the "new" program is.

If it is Creator 2009, you probably got a partial install corrupted by the V7 partial uninstall. Do this (link); get someone to help if you have a concern. Print off the instructions and follow them exactly.

Please post your computer specs and your Operating system (2000, XP or Vista). Go to the top of this page to My Controls and select edit signature. Put your computer specs there and they will be added to all your posts. Put in what is relevant; don't do a dump. Look at what other people has in their signature.

I think I understand! :rolleyes:

I'm older than that but I still remember how to use paragraphs for easy reading and to not use all caps unless I really do want to yell at someone. Of course that someone should not be anyone that you want to read your post ! :angry:

You old program would not work if you have Internet Explorer version 10 and above nor will it work if you have Windows Media Player 11 and above.

You will have to give us a hint on what the "new" program is.

If it is Creator 2009, you probably got a partial install corrupted by the V7 partial uninstall. Do this (link); get someone to help if you have a concern. Print off the instructions and follow them exactly.

Please post your computer specs and your Operating system (2000, XP or Vista). Go to the top of this page to My Controls and select edit signature. Put your computer specs there and they will be added to all your posts. Put in what is relevant; don't do a dump. Look at what other people has in their signature.

I definitely agree that a clean install is the way to go. It may be a little taxing for someone who doesn't do well with computers so you might ask someone locally for help that knows about computers.

Internet Explorer is just entering version 8 so I don't know how you could have version 10. Version 7 is probably the cutoff for the older version of MyDVD.

I have still noticed occasional crashes with the Unusual Runtime Termination Request errors even using my Creator 2009 installation on an up to date system with Windows XP SP3 on a reliable machine. It seems like a few flukes here and there and nothing a good restart doesn't fix for a while. In the long run I might recommend re-evaluating your product choice if you are not good with computer maintenance activities.

Archived