• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Erratic To Useless

Liddy

Question

to do anything useful.

I've never owned Roxio products before so all the clean install stuff should be unnecessary. But I will mention that 3 reboots is a bit excessive (!!)

Then the prog would crash repeatedly after installation bringing up the "Send this to Microsloth" box. I'd like to send them something.

Finally after numerous crashes, configurations and reboots the darn thing actually runs. Amazing.

Unfortunately, the DVD I was trying to create - which incidentally is rather uninspired and easily doable with an old Nero 5 prog I have laying around - makes Creator choke. Doesn't even get to square one. Although it seems to recognize VOB's when I click the Add button nothing is added.

Not sure if anyone can help. I've scanned the forum, found plenty on crashes and clean installs but nothing on inability to recognize or import VOB's. Read the help file and am told that Creator is supposed to recognize VOB's.

Sending a request to Tech Support just gave me the standard "Clean Install" mantra.

I'll give this thing one more day then it's going back to Costco.

5 answers to this question

C2009 has no problems accepting vob files.

Perhaps if you were to offer some information on what program from the suite you are using, where you source files are coming from etc, someone might be able to offer some help.

I cannot get any part of Creator to recognize VOB's. None of the modules.

Furthermore there is a new wrinkle in this incredibly poor piece of software. Now when I try to run Creator I get stuck in an endless loop caused by the Roxio Update Manager. Says it cannot find the file UM.MSI and that I may browse for it. What kind of crap is this anyway?? Is Creator actually meant to be used or is it just a time waster?

Note: I searched the entire computer INCLUDING both the DVD install disc and the CD driver disc without success.

This program is NOT ready for release IMHO.

Sounds more like you have issues with your machine. Make sure you have updated your video card drivers and the latest DirectX 9 if you are using WinXP. If you have already updated to .net 3.5 SP1, there may be an install issue. Some antivirus software can prevent a good install, too. Standard practice to disconnect from net and turn off AV during installation of any software.

I cannot get any part of Creator to recognize VOB's. None of the modules.

Furthermore there is a new wrinkle in this incredibly poor piece of software. Now when I try to run Creator I get stuck in an endless loop caused by the Roxio Update Manager. Says it cannot find the file UM.MSI and that I may browse for it. What kind of crap is this anyway?? Is Creator actually meant to be used or is it just a time waster?

Note: I searched the entire computer INCLUDING both the DVD install disc and the CD driver disc without success.

This program is NOT ready for release IMHO.

Yes the program has been out for 8 months and millions of users are running but you are sure it is the software… :lol:

I do appreciate your frustration, but you need to decide if you want to work with us to resolve it otherwise your vent is over and will be closed down.

to do anything useful.

I've never owned Roxio products before so all the clean install stuff should be unnecessary. But I will mention that 3 reboots is a bit excessive (!!)

Then the prog would crash repeatedly after installation bringing up the "Send this to Microsloth" box. I'd like to send them something.

Finally after numerous crashes, configurations and reboots the darn thing actually runs. Amazing.

Unfortunately, the DVD I was trying to create - which incidentally is rather uninspired and easily doable with an old Nero 5 prog I have laying around - makes Creator choke. Doesn't even get to square one. Although it seems to recognize VOB's when I click the Add button nothing is added.

Not sure if anyone can help. I've scanned the forum, found plenty on crashes and clean installs but nothing on inability to recognize or import VOB's. Read the help file and am told that Creator is supposed to recognize VOB's.

Sending a request to Tech Support just gave me the standard "Clean Install" mantra.

I'll give this thing one more day then it's going back to Costco.

C2009 has no problems accepting vob files.

Perhaps if you were to offer some information on what program from the suite you are using, where you source files are coming from etc, someone might be able to offer some help.

Archived