MinDV direct to DVD

frankghio

Question

I am looking for a quick way to read a MinDV tape directly to the hard drive and make multiple copies from the hard drive to DVD without going thru the lenghly rendering process using one of the Roxio 7.5 applications. Any suggestions ?

5 answers to this question

When you bring up the main Roxio screen that has all of the various applications on it, go to the top of the screen and under "DVD", there are a couple of options or lines you can click on that will get you to what you want to do. Click on "CREATE NEW DVD" and when you get to the next screen (DVD BUILDER), look near the bottom of that screen and there are a couple of options ("ON-DISC-OPTIONS"), one of which is "PLUG & BURN". If you hold your cursor over it it will tell you that you can go directly from your camcorder to making a DVD. (Firewire (IEEE1394) connection is required as far as I know).

Going back to that main ROXIO menu, you can click on "PLUG & BURN" and go through the same to get the task done. Hope that helps. If I have errored in any way, let me know.

Frank....

Thanks, but it does not look like I can burn multiple copies. I need to somehow copy the tape to the hard drive and then burn 25 copies at write speed DVD. If I copy it with the editor, it takes a few hours to render. I am trying to go from tape to Hard drive and then burn multiple copys.

Thanks, but it does not look like I can burn multiple copies. I need to somehow copy the tape to the hard drive and then burn 25 copies at write speed DVD. If I copy it with the editor, it takes a few hours to render. I am trying to go from tape to Hard drive and then burn multiple copys.

Plug and Burn one disc then use Disc Copier to make discs from that one???

Archived