• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD-R says "area limitations" in new Sony DVD player

stephenlegge

Question

Hi,

I have a new 20" iMac. I bought Roxio Toast 7 and used it to burn an AVI file (a Battlestar Galactica episode) to a DVD-R.

When I try to play the DVD in my new Sony DVD player it says can't play due to "area limitations".

The DVD plays fine in the Mac's DVD player software.

Also -- I used to do this exact same thing on my Windows XP machine with Nero and everything worked fine.

Is there some setting in Roxio Toast that is not set properly? I noticed it was set on PAL by default, I changed that that NTSC but it made no difference.

Also, I tried the same thing with a DVD+RW and it also did not work.

Is it possible I have a version of Roxio Toast 7 that is for Europe or something? And it's not capable of burning DVDs for the North American region? How do I know if I have the North American version of Toast?

Help!

Stephen

2 answers to this question

Toast DVD are set to all region. It should work just fine. If you have an NTSC player and are burning PAL content, then that could be the problem. Most players will not play PAL in the US. Nero maybe converting your NTSC to PAL. You may want to set Toast to always re-encode, set it to NTSC and see if that works.

Archived