• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

LP and Tape Assistant Freezing UP

honustbonus

Question

I've used LP and Tape Assistant with great success until recently. As I adjust the track separators, and try to play track from side B, suddenly I'm hearing side A even though the indicator is passing through later tracks. No, I didn't forget to flip the record. Shortly thereafter the app freezes up on me and I have to end the Task. Very frustrating.

I would suppose it's a RAM problem, but I can't imagine why. I have no other apps open, and even close out most of my system tray. I am ripping all the recordings to a drive (not just a directory) from my the one that houses my temp file.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Tony

4 answers to this question

No, things are not fine now.

LP and Tape Assistant is buggy. After only a few edits (track separator adjustments), the app begins to play the first track regardless of which track you select. I'm encoding to FLAC if that makes a difference.

So 134 views of this issue, but no contributions? Is anyone else using this application?

I think I have a solution.

If you're using the LP and Tape Assistant to record to FLAC (as well you should), you're best first encoding to WAV (not FLAC) to the temporary file for editing. This is done in advanced setup. Then, after you're done and want the final rip, choose FLAC. My problem came from encoding to FLAC in the beginning as well as the end. Apparently this application can't edit (adjust the track separators, delete end of LP silence, clean for clicks, equalizer settings, etc.) in FLAC too well. After the first few edits, it slices and dices such that the first track gets repeated over later tracks. Very buggy. Go to WAV first, then FLAC after editing.

I hope this helps someone else out there.

Thanks for this work around post; it may help someone else. :huh:

I'm not sure that it would have helped if you posted that you were working in FLAC but I'm almost positive someone would have suggested to try another format. :) Although you suggest FLAC is best, most people work in WAV or MP3 so maybe no one else ran into this problem or even thought about FLAC as being the culprit. :D

So 134 views of this issue, but no contributions? Is anyone else using this application?

I think I have a solution.

If you're using the LP and Tape Assistant to record to FLAC (as well you should), you're best first encoding to WAV (not FLAC) to the temporary file for editing. This is done in advanced setup. Then, after you're done and want the final rip, choose FLAC. My problem came from encoding to FLAC in the beginning as well as the end. Apparently this application can't edit (adjust the track separators, delete end of LP silence, clean for clicks, equalizer settings, etc.) in FLAC too well. After the first few edits, it slices and dices such that the first track gets repeated over later tracks. Very buggy. Go to WAV first, then FLAC after editing.

I hope this helps someone else out there.

This was a very interesting phenomenon. More of a problem than freezing up was the problem of the app not recognizing which track it was on. I'd have one later track highlighted for adjustments and it would play the first song. Freezing only occurred after the app appeared to be totally confused.

This could not have been a RAM problem after all, so I figured a dll file or something must be corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled and things are fine now.

Archived