• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

loading EMC 8 on a new machine

donald_cochron

Question

I bought a Dell E510 from the Dell Outlet Store. It had several Roxio programs already loaded. I had EMC 8 loaded on my old computer a Dell 4400 and it loaded there and worked just fine. (I had moved through the progression of EMC 7.0 and EMC 7.5 to 8.0. with no real proble except the huge 8.0 update which also loaded and worked once I got the thing downloaded through dial-up.) When I try to load EMC 8 on the E510 I get the following error message while the installer is writing system register values: "internal error 2753 slm_dispatch.dll 3D53BFF2_45D1_9CC4_C21C3 F657599." I tried to install EMC 8 without removing any of the already loaded Roxio software. Got the error message. (Also along this first install I had to delete Sonic DLU.) I then removed all of the Roxio software and tried again. Same error message.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Tried to contact Roxio but could not get through their convoluted access process.

E510; Intel 4 processor 650 w/HT Technology 3.4 GHz, 800FSB

2 GB DDRs Dram 533MHz

Windows XP Media Center 2005

256 nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache

250 GB EIDE hard drive

16xDVD+/- RW w/dbl layer write capability

16X DVD ROM drive

4 answers to this question

Thanks. I'l give it a try and let you know.

Don Cochron

Paul

Hey thanks a lot. That worked. However in the process of transferring files from the Dell4400 to the Dell E510 I lost that 8meg update that makes EMC 8 really work. Guess I'll have to go through that download ordeal again.

Thanks again,

Don Cochron

Paul

Hey thanks a lot. That worked. However in the process of transferring files from the Dell4400 to the Dell E510 I lost that 8meg update that makes EMC 8 really work. Guess I'll have to go through that download ordeal again.

Thanks again,

Don Cochron

Glad I could help at least a little. Thanks for letting me know it worked but the real thanks is to the OP.

In another thread I found this that worked for someone:

go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and rename Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old. Then, reinstall EMC 8

Let me know if it works for you too.

Archived