• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No devices showing in record on Classic

radioguy13

Question

I've just done a re-install of EMC 7 on an upgraded system (new M/B & processor). In the previous install, all was working fine and all recording drives on the system were detected by ECM. Now, there are no devices showing in the list. Any thoughts?

Al in YUL

2 answers to this question

Have you tried this; it is pinned to the top of the general discussion board. Thanks to Tbrewst

I've just done a re-install of EMC 7 on an upgraded system (new M/B & processor). In the previous install, all was working fine and all recording drives on the system were detected by ECM. Now, there are no devices showing in the list. Any thoughts?

Al in YUL

Have you tried this; it is pinned to the top of the general discussion board. Thanks to Tbrewst

Thanks for your quick reply. Really appreciated.

I haven't tried the fix you suggest but will keep it on file for future reference. The reason for this is that after I posted my problem, I re-installed EMC 8 on my system (I had both installed previously but because I find 8's label creator so cumbersome, a definite backwards step from 7's, I didn't really use it).

Anyway, EMC 8 did recognize all of my record drives and I burned the CD. I then went back to EMC 7 to create the label and did a quick check to see if I could re-create the same project as I had just done on 8. Lo and behold, all devices were showing in 7! Go figure.

I've just un-installed 8 and a quick check on 7 still shows those devices as recognized. Maybe something got clobbered in the original 7 re-install that 8 fixed? I don't know. BUT. I have't yet re-started the system. I'm about to do that now and will check to see if the drives are still recognized. If not, I'll try your suggested patch.

Thanks again,

Al in YUL

Archived