• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems with widescreen iMovie projects

cgcollins

Question

I want to use to Toast to burn widescreen PAL projects made with iMovie 6. But the strange thing is that Toast doesn't always recognise the projects as 16:9, and instead burns them as 4:3 with the image squashed. Even stranger, it only does this with some projects. Today, for instance, I tried to burn two 45-minute projects on to a DVD. Both projects were made consecutively, both work fine in iMovie, and both are recognised as widescreen projects in iDVD (I checked). But using Toast, one came out in perfect 16:9, while the other came out squashed in 4:3.

Is anyone else having any trouble with this? Is there some reason why Toast should think one imported .mov file is 16:9 while the other is 4:3?? Is there anything I can do about it??

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

I don't know why Toast didn't automatically recognize the widescreen format for all the iMovie projects, but you can force Toast to author all the videos at 16:9. Click the More button on the lower left, then click Encoding and Custom. Choose 16:9 next to Aspect Ratio.

Archived