• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems burning so DVD is finalized

pam_mortensen

Question

I was having many problems with the video program hanging up and not working properly, even though I was able to burn movies (sound not in sync) and get them to play. I decided to remove the EMC8 program and reinstall it to see if that fixed the problems. Now I can get a movie to burn but my DVD player and my DVD drive will not recognize the disc. I can see from the back of the disc that data is indeed on the DVD but it will not play.

When the burn is complete the bars say 100% complete and the only button to push is "OK", rather than what I remember to be "Finish", or something like that. I have a feeling the movie is not finalizing. Any ideas? I am very frustrated with this program because other than the fact that I needed to use video from my new Sony Handicam mini DVD camera I was happy with Videowave 7Pro.

My system is:

Microsoft XP Home, 2002, Service Pack 2, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz, 1.59 GHz, 512 MG of Ram with a Memorex DVD+/-RW Dual-X1. (I hope this is what you need for system info-I really don't know much more than what I copied from my properties menu.)

Thanks!

Pam

I forgot to mention, I downloaded all the fixes and updates after reinstalling the program and it still is not working.

10 answers to this question

I was having many problems with the video program hanging up and not working properly, even though I was able to burn movies (sound not in sync) and get them to play. I decided to remove the EMC8 program and reinstall it to see if that fixed the problems. Now I can get a movie to burn but my DVD player and my DVD drive will not recognize the disc. I can see from the back of the disc that data is indeed on the DVD but it will not play.

When the burn is complete the bars say 100% complete and the only button to push is "OK", rather than what I remember to be "Finish", or something like that. I have a feeling the movie is not finalizing. Any ideas? I am very frustrated with this program because other than the fact that I needed to use video from my new Sony Handicam mini DVD camera I was happy with Videowave 7Pro.

My system is:

Microsoft XP Home, 2002, Service Pack 2, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz, 1.59 GHz, 512 MG of Ram with a Memorex DVD+/-RW Dual-X1. (I hope this is what you need for system info-I really don't know much more than what I copied from my properties menu.)

Thanks!

Pam

I forgot to mention, I downloaded all the fixes and updates after reinstalling the program and it still is not working.

The ok button is the only button to finish and was the same in earlier versions. I am not sure about a standalone videowave7Pro however.

Have you tried burning an .iso and then copying it with disc copier. What type of file did you use in your project? Did you edit it? Which v8 do you have?

Patty,

Thank you for responding to my post, I will do my best to answer your questions. My recollection of the program when it was working was the "finish" button, I guess I was not remembering correctly.

As to the files, I edited my movie in the program for film editing that came with my Easy Media Creator 8 suite, I assume it is the videowave product. I rendered the file first by selecting the render icon then selected it from the list of videos in my video file, I am not sure but is this an .iso file? The frustrating thing is I have already successfully made many movies this way and now that I have reinstalled the program it will not work.

Burning a data DVD and a video DVD are completely different, options from one do not necessarily apply to the other.

Walt,

I took your advice and doubled my Ram thinking it couldn't hurt. I am still having the same problem. I am sure when I get this program up and running again the extra ram will speed things up but I am pulling my hair out!

Any more ideas?

Thanks, I really value your suggestions.

Pam

To create an .iso file when you click on the burn icon you need to uncheck burn to DVD and choose burn image file. That will create an .iso file on your hard drive. My default it usually goes into the My Video folder, find it, double click on it and it will open disc copier, put in your DVD (use an RW for a test) then burn. See if that works for you? As for why it did work and is now not working, possibly someone else will have an idea.

Patty,

Thank you for responding to my post, I will do my best to answer your questions. My recollection of the program when it was working was the "finish" button, I guess I was not remembering correctly.

As to the files, I edited my movie in the program for film editing that came with my Easy Media Creator 8 suite, I assume it is the videowave product. I rendered the file first by selecting the render icon then selected it from the list of videos in my video file, I am not sure but is this an .iso file? The frustrating thing is I have already successfully made many movies this way and now that I have reinstalled the program it will not work.

With only a 1.6Ghz CPU you are at the low limit for video work with EMC 8. You might have success using the ISO method Patty has described. While doing the burn also shut down any anti-virus checking as well as any other applications, disconnect from the internet and don't use the computer at all. Be sure you have defragged your hard drive before creating the iso file.

Thank you Walt and Patty.

Would it make any difference the size of the movie I am making?

What frustrates me the most is that I am trying to burn a very small movie, yet before I reinstalled I was able to burn a much longer movie with about 8 songs and loads of video and complicated transitions. I agree that upgrading my CPU power the computer would work faster and maybe have fewer sound sync problems, but I was able to burn movies with this machine. The only change I made was reinstalling the same program. I think something happened with the reinstall, don't for the lilfe of me have any idea what.

Not sure it's relevant to burning movies, but in Roxio home page, tools, data, there is an option relating to DVD. I use the second option there (one recording) which it claims makes it more likely that the disc can be played in different drives.

Burning a data DVD and a video DVD are completely different, options from one do not necessarily apply to the other.

Walt,

I took your advice and doubled my Ram thinking it couldn't hurt. I am still having the same problem. I am sure when I get this program up and running again the extra ram will speed things up but I am pulling my hair out!

Any more ideas?

Thanks, I really value your suggestions.

Pam

I am happy to reply that I am now able to burn my DVD's! After the re-install I tried a different brand and now I have success. Thank you for all your suggestions. By the way, the upgraded Ram has solved my sound sync problem too.

I am happy to reply that I am now able to burn my DVD's! After the re-install I tried a different brand and now I have success. Thank you for all your suggestions. By the way, the upgraded Ram has solved my sound sync problem too.

Pam,

glad you got things working. Different brands work differently for different people, there just isn't one type for all!

Archived