• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why Can't I Burn Multi-ISOs?

briancarnell

Question

Okay, I can create multi-disc sets, but that's not very useful for archiving lots of data since you have to sit there and manually swap discs.

No problem, I can write to ISOs instead -- it said that on the box which is why I purchased the software.

But the software can't do a multidisc project to multiple ISOs. WHY THE HELL NOT? Why can't I select 100gb of data and have that archived to ISOs just as I could sit there and have it archived to multiple discs.

1 answer to this question

Okay, I can create multi-disc sets, but that's not very useful for archiving lots of data since you have to sit there and manually swap discs.

No problem, I can write to ISOs instead -- it said that on the box which is why I purchased the software.

But the software can't do a multidisc project to multiple ISOs. WHY THE HELL NOT? Why can't I select 100gb of data and have that archived to ISOs just as I could sit there and have it archived to multiple discs.

The multi disc ability first appeared in V6, 3 years ago. In those 3 years you are the only person who has ever asked for such a feature. Likewise, I know of no existing software that will do what you ask.

I think it could be done but it would appear that there is really no compelling need to do so.

My personal feeling is that if it doesn't fit on one CD/DVD it needs to go to an external HD. I keep my 4 PCs backed up to one external plus each has an extra internal HD that contains a full copy of the C:\ drive. The extra HDs are then removed and stored.

Archived