• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! Can't open any EMC7 files.

terifox33

Question

Can someone please help me. My daughter is graduating High school in 3 weeks, I wanted to make a video for her graduation party. I had set one up in EMC 7, then I started hearing about all the neat things that EMC 8 could do. I installed the program and it won't open the old files up. So far I'm not all that impressed with the new program. I'm hoping that if I can get it working correctly I will not regret upgrading. I don't have a lot of time so any help would be appreciated.

:)

At this point I'm thinking I need to uninstall it and go back to EMC7.

Thanks,

Teri

2 answers to this question

Can someone please help me. My daughter is graduating High school in 3 weeks, I wanted to make a video for her graduation party. I had set one up in EMC 7, then I started hearing about all the neat things that EMC 8 could do. I installed the program and it won't open the old files up. So far I'm not all that impressed with the new program. I'm hoping that if I can get it working correctly I will not regret upgrading. I don't have a lot of time so any help would be appreciated.

:)

At this point I'm thinking I need to uninstall it and go back to EMC7.

Thanks,

Teri

Rule of Software: NEVER update when deadlines are near!!!!!

The good news is that you can install V7 (without Drag to Disc) and run both.

Once you learn V8 you will never go back to V7 but for now, get your work done before you start climbing up the learning curve.

As James noted you won't have to uninstal V8. It is assumed that you did however, uninstall Ver 7. If that's the case, then just reinstall it, however either delete or do not install drag-to-disc. make sure you do a "Complete" install which means you will install the "CONTENT" disk as well, in the process of installing the main program disk.

Frank....

Archived