• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

lberg

Error Code = -43

Question

I upgraded to Toast 10 because I kept having problems with an earlier version which kept giving me the following error: file not found error code = -43.

The files are there -- it works only if I zip the whole folder up.

Please advise!

lberg

14 answers to this question

I upgraded to Toast 10 because I kept having problems with an earlier version which kept giving me the following error: file not found error code = -43.

Please advise!

lberg

I'm new to Mac and also to Toast 10. Trying to copy DVD's after editing/extracting extraneous video to give to grandparents with desired daughter video. Worked perfectly for the first few times... then started getting the same error code=-43 file not found code after loading files and editing in Video tab (to send to DVD). I am so frustrated because I got thing to work by converting them first to i-tunes files and then importing to Video tab (very time consuming and costly with space with the huge video files... now I get the same error code here too.

I'm currently relegated to just raw-copying the DVD's with the extraneous video on them. What's the use of having this software then?

Help please

Google for that error; it looks like an OSX error rather than a Toast error. Come back and post your fix if you find one. The problem may be related to your burner.

Google for that error; it looks like an OSX error rather than a Toast error. Come back and post your fix if you find one. The problem may be related to your burner.

Updating to OSX 10.7 today... we'll see if it does anything good?

Thanks.

Updating to OSX 10.7 today... we'll see if it does anything good?

Thanks.

Installed OS 10.5.7.... still encountering a "Result code=-43 File could not be found" when burning after doing extraction on Toast 10 Titanium. I also had re-installed the Toast update 10.0.2 after re-naming old Toast folder and later deleting it. No success. Not finding any helpful info from Apple support except to do it's OS update, which I did.

Thanks... any help?

Installed OS 10.5.7.... still encountering a "Result code=-43 File could not be found" when burning after doing extraction on Toast 10 Titanium. I also had re-installed the Toast update 10.0.2 after re-naming old Toast folder and later deleting it. No success. Not finding any helpful info from Apple support except to do it's OS update, which I did.

Thanks... any help?

Walk me through the steps you're taking. I think the OP (iberg) was having this problem with data files and yours is with video DVDs. You mention extraction. Did you use the Toast Media Browser to copy the videos from the source to the Toast Video window with DVD video selected as the format? If not, give that a try.

Please advise!

lberg

Is it possible that the files have non-standard naming, maybe special characters?

Walk me through the steps you're taking. I think the OP (iberg) was having this problem with data files and yours is with video DVDs. You mention extraction. Did you use the Toast Media Browser to copy the videos from the source to the Toast Video window with DVD video selected as the format? If not, give that a try.

Is it possible that the files have non-standard naming, maybe special characters?

Thanks for your response.. I usually organize my files as such: 20090512_name_specialcharacter.jpeg (for a file transfer) -- or a .tif for my files.

I always use the underscore to break up the file name -- I am just trying to make a data copy to a dvd or a cde -- it is not a video format.

Many thanks!

I've been dragging the DVD_Video_REcorder icon from the desktop to the Toast Video window with DVD video highlighted.... after it goes through a lengthy "updating" procedure... I edit the content of the video by visually extracting the unwanted portions of the video via exclusion markers. Leaving the editing window gives me a prompt for Toast to save changes... which I do. Now, ready to write to a new disc... I've tried to change target disc naming/menu style... and I've tried to leave it alone for now... no success either way. This is when the source error=-43 pops up... unable to find files.

Should the editing... and should the "updating" be this lengthy? I'm running 4GB RAM on an Intel-based iMac.

I've been dragging the DVD_Video_REcorder icon from the desktop to the Toast Video window with DVD video highlighted.... after it goes through a lengthy "updating" procedure... I edit the content of the video by visually extracting the unwanted portions of the video via exclusion markers. Leaving the editing window gives me a prompt for Toast to save changes... which I do. Now, ready to write to a new disc... I've tried to change target disc naming/menu style... and I've tried to leave it alone for now... no success either way. This is when the source error=-43 pops up... unable to find files.

Should the editing... and should the "updating" be this lengthy? I'm running 4GB RAM on an Intel-based iMac.

What you're doing is new to Toast 10. It's worked for me with most but not all videos from my DVDs. Here are a couple other methods you can try:

1. Instead of clicking Extract click the Edit button and in the window that appears click Edit again. This will bring you to the window where you can mark what to keep and what to delete. Proceed just as you did before. It may work differently or may not.

2. Instead of dragging the DVD_Video_REcorder icon to Toast use the Toast Media Browser to extract the video (this is how previous versions of Toast work). Choose DVD with the top button of the Media Browser and double-click on what appears in the browser window. You'll see the different videos recorded to the DVD. Drag what you want to the video window. When Toast finishes extracting the video select and delete it from the Toast window. Now go to the Roxio Converted Items folder in your Documents folder. Change any files with the .VOB extension to .MPG and drag those to the Toast window. Click the Edit button and click Edit in the window that appears to go to the video editor. Proceed as you did before. This probably will work.

Something else you could try is first copying the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to the desktop and then dragging that into Toast instead of the first step you were doing with your process.

What you're doing is new to Toast 10. It's worked for me with most but not all videos from my DVDs. Here are a couple other methods you can try:

1. Instead of clicking Extract click the Edit button and in the window that appears click Edit again. This will bring you to the window where you can mark what to keep and what to delete. Proceed just as you did before. It may work differently or may not.

2. Instead of dragging the DVD_Video_REcorder icon to Toast use the Toast Media Browser to extract the video (this is how previous versions of Toast work). Choose DVD with the top button of the Media Browser and double-click on what appears in the browser window. You'll see the different videos recorded to the DVD. Drag what you want to the video window. When Toast finishes extracting the video select and delete it from the Toast window. Now go to the Roxio Converted Items folder in your Documents folder. Change any files with the .VOB extension to .MPG and drag those to the Toast window. Click the Edit button and click Edit in the window that appears to go to the video editor. Proceed as you did before. This probably will work.

Something else you could try is first copying the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to the desktop and then dragging that into Toast instead of the first step you were doing with your process.

Sounds very involved! For the cost of Toast 10, wouldn't you think they could make this simpler? It should work "as advertised" for novices. I did find a way to save the DVD to be copied as an image file after editing/extracting parts. Then I copied the image file to the new blank DVD in the copy tab to be used as a DVD video.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Somewhere this got mucked up -- I am not doing anything with videos -- I am a photographer and am just trying to burn images to a cd/or a dvd. I keep getting an error message "file not found error code =-43. The files are there -- I am able to access any and all of them in photoshop etc. I can, however, burn them to a cd if I were to zip them up first. I do not understand why toast cannot read them.

lberg

Somewhere this got mucked up -- I am not doing anything with videos -- I am a photographer and am just trying to burn images to a cd/or a dvd. I keep getting an error message "file not found error code =-43. The files are there -- I am able to access any and all of them in photoshop etc. I can, however, burn them to a cd if I were to zip them up first. I do not understand why toast cannot read them.

lberg

I understood your issue to be different from the later posts. I asked if there are any unusual characters in the file naming. That would explain why zipping the files would correct the issue. Are you using the Mac & PC setting or Mac only? What format are the images?

I understood your issue to be different from the later posts. I asked if there are any unusual characters in the file naming. That would explain why zipping the files would correct the issue. Are you using the Mac & PC setting or Mac only? What format are the images?

I am using a Mac -- Leopard operating system. I usually name the file using an underscore -- for example photography_jones.jpg. Most of the files I have been having problems with are jpg --for a client. Do you think it could be the underscore?

Many thanks

Linda

I am using a Mac -- Leopard operating system. I usually name the file using an underscore -- for example photography_jones.jpg. Most of the files I have been having problems with are jpg --for a client. Do you think it could be the underscore?

Many thanks

Linda

An underscore is an allowable character and should not be any problem. While I try to think of possible solutions you might try doing some tests with one of the files that isn't being recognized. Choose Save as Disc Image for these tests so you won't need to be inserting any blank discs.

Here are some things to try:

1. Duplicate the file in the Finder and drag the duplicate to Toast.

2. Rename the duplicate and drag it to Toast

3. Copy the file to a different hard drive and drag it to Toast

It may also help if you open Disk Utility in your Utilities folder, select your hard drive there and click Repair Disk Permissions.

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with that [-43 file not found] error code. I'm using OS 10.5.7 and Titanium 10.0.2. I upload recorded TV shows from my Tivo and convert to DVD using the DVD-Video feature of Toast, saving as a "disk image" to my hard drive, then loading the image file into "Copy" and then burning the DVD from there. If I can get the shows into the "disk image" stage I can load that and burn just fine. Currently the encoding blows out at the very end of the process with that darned [-43 file not found] error code and the image file which had been showing during the whole process then disappears. I was encoding just fine and burning not more than 3 days ago and now nothing I try to encode will do so. All files placed into Titanium 10 will encode until the very end, then blowing out with that "file not found" message.

I'm using a MBPro and took it into the Apple Genius Bar thinking it was my drive. The MBP burns from any other burning program just fine, so it's not my drive. We fixed it temporarily by throwing out the preferences file from Toast and Roxio but now that doesn't work. Any suggestions? Much thanks in advance for any ideas! Randy