• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Gracenote

Sharon

Question

Hi,

When I convert my music cd files and save them to my hard drive, everything is fine except the year does not show up. It is blank. The previous Roxio programs downloaded the year just fine.

I hope someone can help me!

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

I just tried it with a rather obscure album and it picked up the full ID with the year. If the year is in Gracenotes database, it should pick it up. Try this. Open Sound Editor, add a piece of music, right click on the clip (lower left) and select properties. In the pop up window select edit tags. Whatever is there should disappear, GraceNotes should open and fill in the full information. If it does not, then the year is probably not in the database. If you know it, you might want to add it to Gracenotes.

Hi,

When I convert my music cd files and save them to my hard drive, everything is fine except the year does not show up. It is blank. The previous Roxio programs downloaded the year just fine.

I hope someone can help me!

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I followed your instructions, and I do see the CD year, yet when I go to audio and convert files (and put the songs from the CD on my D drive), the year is not listed when I display the file properties!!??

When I "gather" songs from my collection to make a MP3 CD, I like to have the song titles, etc. and the year displayed.

Is there something I can do to make the year show up when I convert the songs to store them on my computer?

Thanks for the help!!

Archived