• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The owner of 7

skrface421

Question

I allready own Toast 7 and was worndering if Popcorn 2 is worth geting. New at this video stuff and it seems to me that Popcorn 2 dozent do much more than Toast 7. I think there is a comparson of Popcorn 1 and 2 but not Toast 7 and Popcorn 2. Running a Mini core duo 1.2 Gig ram and was thinking that Popcorn 2 mite run faster due to it being DB. Any comparsons of Toast 7 and Popcorn 2 would be grate

Thanks for the help Rodney

7 answers to this question

Yep, I like Popcorn 2. It gives me a reason to actually own a Play Station Portable.

You can live without Toast or Popcorn.

Do some surfing; learn how to do what you need to do using the tools you have on the Mac and what's on the net.

There's no profit in buying the Roxio stuff and then trying to make it work.

I have money, but I keep buying software that's not as good as the stuff on the outside of the box....

"Wishware" never seems to go out of style.

Such anger :) Toast and Popcorn both work great for the major of people. Sounds to me like you have a media problem, but honestly I don't care.

If you want help, you can post a problem and people are willing to help. It doesn't help anyone when you only post bad comments, especially when the problem could be easily solved.

Good luck with the Finder.

Stay away from Popcorn like a hot bag of bad seeds. Waste of money. Customization features are not worth the extra $$, support for all Roxio products is minimal; for Popcorn it is even worse. I upgraded to 7 in Jan '06 and I purchased Popcorn 2 in April '06. I'm still trying to get Popcorn to generate something besides shiny coasters.

Popcorn 2 has more customization features when doing DVD copy than Toast 7 or Popcorn 1. Popcorn 2 also has the DVD to iPod and PSP features.

Popcorn 2 is a universal app and faster on Intel Macs than Toast 7 currently is, but Toast 7 will be universal soon and will also run natively on Intel Macs.

Archived