• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Realplayer rax file

jl747

I just reinstalled a full version of 5.3.5.10 on a Windows XP Pro. All updates are installed.

When I go to download a purchase from Realplayer their file format is rax.

When I try to use EZCD to burn it, it does not recognize this format so I am unable to burn it, but I can create a cover.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

I just reinstalled a full version of 5.3.5.10 on a Windows XP Pro. All updates are installed.

When I try to use EZCD to burn it, it does not recognize this format so I am unable to burn it, but I can create a cover.

Read this (it was pinned at the top of the main ECDC 5 forum).... http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=122

Information on Real player is about half way down.

I suspect .rax is a RealAudio exteinsion that works with DRM (Digital Rights Management) code put in by RealAudio to track how many uses are made of the track. If so, it wouldn't work with any player that can't track the DRM code.

There is the option of burning the file to disc with a player that can (such as RealPlayer 9 or 10, and probably WinPlayer 9 or 10), and then ripping it to the Hard Drive.

However, if you use any of those players just mentioned, you've probably just disabled ECDC 5. In the case of WinPlayer 9, permanetly, since WinPlayer 9 doesn't come back out short of a Hard Drive reformat.

Lynn

I suspect .rax is a RealAudio exteinsion that works with DRM (Digital Rights Management) code put in by RealAudio to track how many uses are made of the track. If so, it wouldn't work with any player that can't track the DRM code.

There is the option of burning the file to disc with a player that can (such as RealPlayer 9 or 10, and probably WinPlayer 9 or 10), and then ripping it to the Hard Drive.

However, if you use any of those players just mentioned, you've probably just disabled ECDC 5. In the case of WinPlayer 9, permanetly, since WinPlayer 9 doesn't come back out short of a Hard Drive reformat.

Lynn

Thanks for the information. I just might have to upgrade to a newer version.

Thanks for the information. I just might have to upgrade to a newer version.

Or, I suppose, give up on the LEGAL downloads.

(Lest that be misconstsrued - my music comes from elderly CDs, since the stuff I like is pretty much pre-1997.)

Lynn

Archived