declicking

ronaldsw

Question

Could someone please advise an old fella downunder. When I selec t a track to declick and then ok the declick bizzo, do i then need to export it to ' my music' folder before the cleaning process works. Is that where I should select all the tracks from the lp i have exported for burning to cd.

I have tried this and the one track that has the few clicks still seems to have them when I play it using the windows music player.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

metman

15/05/06

3 answers to this question

Yes. Open the file(s) you want in Sound Editor and set the fX cleaning properties as you want for each track. The select the Export Tracks/Clips option. In the next window, select, "Use Clips from Project", set your output options and destination, and click the "Export" button. The declicking will be done then, and you should be able to compare the new files and old files to hear the difference.

Hope that helps!

To d_deweywright,

Many thanks for your advice, will now try to put it into practice, have got a lot of old vinyls from my teenage days in the fifties that I'd like to transform. If I can't get this to work will try "Groove Mechanic" have got an old copy of the software but haven't tried it as yet. Have you ever used that application?

Anyway once again much thanks.

Metman.

17/05/06

To d_deweywright,

Many thanks for your advice, will now try to put it into practice, have got a lot of old vinyls from my teenage days in the fifties that I'd like to transform. If I can't get this to work will try "Groove Mechanic" have got an old copy of the software but haven't tried it as yet. Have you ever used that application?

Anyway once again much thanks.

Metman.

17/05/06

Nope... never tried (or heard of) Groove Mechanic. I've done most of my declicking over the years using DART Pro (currently DART XP Pro). I use that to get "most" of the work done, then DCART on occasion to do some of the continuous noise reduction, and GoldWave to do the manual editing of the stuff DART doesn't get, or gets wrong. And more recently, the declicker in EMC 7.5/8, which handles some stuff quite well.

Keep an eye on the "DeNoiser" and don't turn that up too high or it'll filter out a lot of the high frequency music as well as hiss. Use the Bypass and Difference options to compare the original to what's being done so you know how much music you may be losing. Headphones are a "must-have" item for this.

Hope that helps!

Could someone please advise an old fella downunder. When I selec t a track to declick and then ok the declick bizzo, do i then need to export it to ' my music' folder before the cleaning process works. Is that where I should select all the tracks from the lp i have exported for burning to cd.

I have tried this and the one track that has the few clicks still seems to have them when I play it using the windows music player.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

metman

15/05/06

Yes. Open the file(s) you want in Sound Editor and set the fX cleaning properties as you want for each track. The select the Export Tracks/Clips option. In the next window, select, "Use Clips from Project", set your output options and destination, and click the "Export" button. The declicking will be done then, and you should be able to compare the new files and old files to hear the difference.

Hope that helps!

Archived