• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Receiving "protected Signal"

MidNight Rider

Question

6 answers to this question

i am recieving "protected signal" while copping from my video camera to my pc. it will happen with out notice. i am not doing nothing during this process. i am just sitting here watching the movies. any ideas on what is going on?

What software do you have? If C2009 with Roxio USB capture device? C2009 SP4 addresses the signal protected issue, look here.... http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=51858

cd

well i downloaded that service pack 4, i tried to uploaded but it did not work. i have Roxio Creator DE. When i tried that service pack it said that software not found, reinstall. is there any idea what else to do?

# You must own a valid copy of the full, retail version of Creator 2009.

# If you did not purchase a retail copy, this update will not work for any other version of Easy Media Creator.

If your Roxio Creator DE came with a new Dell have you tried them?

cd

Yes, Roxio came with my new dell. i registered all the software with that. i just copied about 1 hour from my camera and then the "protective signal" came up again. at this rate it will take me 6 years to make copies

So Roxio Creator DE 10.1 is not enough? so i need to buy Creator 9?

Yes, Roxio came with my new dell. i registered all the software with that. i just copied about 1 hour from my camera and then the "protective signal" came up again. at this rate it will take me 6 years to make copies

You have a Dell OEM version of EMC 10, so of course the Creator 2009 SP4 won;t install. If you had posted in the area for the product you have rather than the Creator 2009 area, it wouldn't have been suggested.

Since capturing seems to be working at least partially, there may not need to be any reason to upgrade to Creator 2009 [which is not Creator 9 btw. That would be an even older version than EMC 10].

Maybe if you provide some details on what you are doing, someone can offer some suggestions.

What type of camera is it?

How is it connected to the pc?

What app in 10 DE are you using to capture with?

Does the part of the tape where it stops have a gap between recordings?

You have a stripped down, useless free version of the software, so there is little that will work, like a full version of the software.

There is no version of Roxio software, named Creator 9. What you are probably thinking of, is Creator 2009, which is the newest version of the Roxio software. I would recommend upgrading to it.

Archived