• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Scratchy Audio

zskynyrd

Question

I have just installed easy vhs to dvd and have the same problems described. i am running hp laptop 3 gig ram and 250 hard drive. ati graphics. windows vista home premium. I have premium rca cables. My video tapes play fine in vcr. I can record them to my dvr and edit them on a pioneer hard drive. when I am playing the tape on my hp, I have scratchy audio. When I try to capture video and save to the hard drive the picture is jumpy. This is definately a roxio problem. They were almost giving away this software at office depot this weekend now I can see why. I have downloaded sp2 service pack. no help.

How do i get windows movie maker to read the usb card. When I try to import it dosn't find it.

7 answers to this question

Vista will not capture from a USB port. XP will but MS took it away in Vista…

Yes perhaps your device itself is faulty. See if you can take it back or contact Roxio.

Hi there - the box for Roxio Easy VHS to DVD says it's compatible with Windows Vista - yet you say that Vista will not capture from USB port . . . is there a fix for this, or should I just take the program back to the store. I hate VISTA. ARgh

Hi there - the box for Roxio Easy VHS to DVD says it's compatible with Windows Vista - yet you say that Vista will not capture from USB port . . . is there a fix for this, or should I just take the program back to the store. I hate VISTA. ARgh

Go back and read the whole thread… You are taking a statement completely out of context – there is NO problem.

Vista will not capture from a USB port. XP will but MS took it away in Vista…

Yes perhaps your device itself is faulty. See if you can take it back or contact Roxio.

I have installed easy vhs to dvd in my dell laptop inspiron 9100 about 5 years old. running window xp pro 512 ram and it works in this pc. so now were back to why does't it want to work in my newer HP runiing vista with 3 gig ram and idt sound. Where can I look to change the recording input settings if there are any. I can,t find anything on the idt control panel.

I have just installed easy vhs to dvd and have the same problems described. i am running hp laptop 3 gig ram and 250 hard drive. ati graphics. windows vista home premium. I have premium rca cables. My video tapes play fine in vcr. I can record them to my dvr and edit them on a pioneer hard drive. when I am playing the tape on my hp, I have scratchy audio. When I try to capture video and save to the hard drive the picture is jumpy. This is definately a roxio problem. They were almost giving away this software at office depot this weekend now I can see why. I have downloaded sp2 service pack. no help.

How do i get windows movie maker to read the usb card. When I try to import it dosn't find it.

Your post is confusing, at best! :blink::blink::blink:

Your post is confusing, at best! :blink::blink::blink:

Whats so confusing when trying to record vhs tapes on hp computer running vista home premium, the picuture is jumpy and the audio is scratchy. Its the same issue that the other are describing. The tapes play fine in vcr hooked to tv. I have it hooked correctly. The only thing I can figure is the usb capture card has issues. I have installed nch vhs to dvd software and get same result. I switched usb card to pinnacle 880 hd tv card. and roxio found it right away. the audio came through clear. The picture is still jumpy playing from the vcr, but it will capture a clear hdtv signal. So my guesss is the usb cards are not interfacing with with vista or the computer sound and video cards correctly, ie it is not doing a good job of converting analog to digital.

I have installed easy vhs to dvd in my dell laptop inspiron 9100 about 5 years old. running window xp pro 512 ram and it works in this pc. so now were back to why does't it want to work in my newer HP runiing vista with 3 gig ram and idt sound. Where can I look to change the recording input settings if there are any. I can,t find anything on the idt control panel.

So with the older Dell the jumpy picture is gone as well as the scratchy sound you originally posted about?

What ”recording input settings are you talking about?

Keep in mind when you post we are not there and cannot know what you are thinking. In fact why not list your HP specs (sound card and video card is important) and clearly state your problem on that machine.

Archived