• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Avi To VCD

ggm118

Question

8 answers to this question

Hello! I'd like to watch avi movies in my television. How do i burn them to come out as vcd format? I appreciate your help...

Your best approach is to get a DVD player that has DivX playback capability and follow the Toast Help instructions on burning DivX discs. It is likely that at least some of your AVI's are already DivX.

You don't want to create a VCD, in my opinion. A VCD has low-quality picture and a maximum of one-hour of video per CD. You can follow the instructions in Toast Help for creating a VCD but I don't think you'll enjoy the result.

That error suggests there is a problem with an AVI file. The problem is such that it may be unusable. One thing you can try is to select the AVI that has the problem (you can tell by seeing when the error pops up), click the Export button and choose Quicktime Movie as the type. That may work to convert the video to a format that can then be converted to a different format or burned to a video DVD.

Thanks for your replies but what i would really like to do is to view my pictures and videos simultaneously on tv. What I have done is make menus of my pictures but Toast 7 automatically separates the pictures and videos. What i'd like was for me to view pictures then videos next without going to the menu... I know Ulead(software for windows) can do this.. Do you have any other suggestions??? Thanks!!!

Thanks for your replies but what i would really like to do is to view my pictures and videos simultaneously on tv. What I have done is make menus of my pictures but Toast 7 automatically separates the pictures and videos. What i'd like was for me to view pictures then videos next without going to the menu... I know Ulead(software for windows) can do this.. Do you have any other suggestions??? Thanks!!!

The easiest thing to do is to drag into the Toast Video window groups of photos that you want together (up to 99 in a group. (See Toast Help on how to create slide shows). Now drag in the AVI's. You can then drag the titles up or down to change their order. This way you can have some slides followed by a video clip followed by more slides. If making a VCD or SVCD the titles will automatically play one to the next without returning to a menu. With DVD video you need to check the "Play All Items Continuously" box for the titles to play without returning to the menu.

That error suggests there is a problem with an AVI file. The problem is such that it may be unusable. One thing you can try is to select the AVI that has the problem (you can tell by seeing when the error pops up), click the Export button and choose Quicktime Movie as the type. That may work to convert the video to a format that can then be converted to a different format or burned to a video DVD.

Hi, Tsantee.. I have solved my error problem. Somehow each slideshow should only be 9 pictures. Not 10 or more.. I don't know why but it works.

Archived