• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can you please confirm?

cara_starr

Question

I want to store my video on a disk rather than on my hard drive and want to make sure i don't screw up. This is my "raw footage" so to speak, captured from my camera, and i want to burn it to disk and be able to use it for editing when i need to. I think i've figured it out but just want to make sure. I output from videowave, choose "video file" as my destination, & "general purpose editing" as my Purpose/Quality. I wanted to make sure that this would be like saving a document on a floppy disc, which you could later pop in and edit or whatever. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

I want to store my video on a disk rather than on my hard drive and want to make sure i don't screw up. This is my "raw footage" so to speak, captured from my camera, and i want to burn it to disk and be able to use it for editing when i need to. I think i've figured it out but just want to make sure. I output from videowave, choose "video file" as my destination, & "general purpose editing" as my Purpose/Quality. I wanted to make sure that this would be like saving a document on a floppy disc, which you could later pop in and edit or whatever. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

You are better off burning that file to a DVD, as a data file, using Creator Classic. Don't output it to anything in VideoWave. You can always take the file from the DVD and start editing, or whatever, when you are ready to.

Is it an .avi or .mpeg file? How large is it? Make sure that if it is larger than what will fit on a CD, that you use a DVD+R or DVD-R disc, not an RW disc.

Guest mlpasley
. I wanted to make sure that this would be like saving a document on a floppy disc, which you could later pop in and edit or whatever. Is that right?

To add to what Bruce said......

Like saving to a floppy disk, saving the footage to a DVD may not be completely reliable so make more than one copy. I back up to a second hard drive.

Then it depends on what kind of file your camcorder uses. If it's a DV AVI file, you can capture about 20 minutes of video and burn the file to the DVD using Creator Classic.

If you've captured as DV AVI and want to get one hour onto a DVD, choose File\ Output to.... Video File\ DVD authoring\ Best and burn using Creator Classic.

If you've captured in mpeg2, then all you have to do is burn the file to a DVD using Creator Classic.

Hope that isn't too confusing.

To add to what Bruce said......

Like saving to a floppy disk, saving the footage to a DVD may not be completely reliable so make more than one copy. I back up to a second hard drive.

Then it depends on what kind of file your camcorder uses. If it's a DV AVI file, you can capture about 20 minutes of video and burn the file to the DVD using Creator Classic.

If you've captured as DV AVI and want to get one hour onto a DVD, choose File\ Output to.... Video File\ DVD authoring\ Best and burn using Creator Classic.

If you've captured in mpeg2, then all you have to do is burn the file to a DVD using Creator Classic.

Hope that isn't too confusing.

I left out something in my post, which I have now edited. I meant to say to burn it as a data file, not a movie file, using Creator Classic.

I agreen on backing it up in two places.

Archived