• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

UDF Files

tomnavin

Question

I burned photographs onto a CD-RW using Classic Creator, now only the first half of the CD will read. I am unable to copy the CD after the first half. The 2nd half of the CD files show, but will not display. I saw there was a Microsoft paper on this with a download patch, but the patch indicated my current version with XP-Softpak 2 is newer. Any idea's on how I can recover the remaining photographs.

Thank You

6 answers to this question

I burned photographs onto a CD-RW using Classic Creator, now only the first half of the CD will read. I am unable to copy the CD after the first half. The 2nd half of the CD files show, but will not display. I saw there was a Microsoft paper on this with a download patch, but the patch indicated my current version with XP-Softpak 2 is newer. Any idea's on how I can recover the remaining photographs.

Thank You

Thank you for all of replies. I did try using Windows Explorer, but it could not read the files. As far as only part of the CD being read, I had 600 photographs on the CD and only could get about half to display as thumbnails and open. I purchased "CDROLLER" @ www.cdroller.com and it worked like a champ allowing me to recover all my photographs, so I am very impressed with the product. Again Thank You for all your assistance.

Thank you for all of replies. I did try using Windows Explorer, but it could not read the files. As far as only part of the CD being read, I had 600 photographs on the CD and only could get about half to display as thumbnails and open. I purchased "CDROLLER" @ www.cdroller.com and it worked like a champ allowing me to recover all my photographs, so I am very impressed with the product. Again Thank You for all your assistance.

It's a good idea to check the CD after it's burned t be sure to opens, altho I admit I don't always practice what I preach.

However, there's no way I'll ever format optical media again, in memory of the files I lost.

Lynn

Thank You

A couple thoughts come to mind -

- a CD-RW is a great way to permantly LOSE all data, as the re-crytalized aluminum alloy de-crystalizes and takes the data with it. A CD-R is MUCH safer.

- consider checking one of the recovery programs, such as cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBuster (www.isobuster.com) - both have impressive testimonials on their websites and in the Roxio boards. Both have "trial" versions that let you see if anything is there before you have to pay.

Lynn

Guest mlpasley

Thank You

Have you tried using Windows Explorer to copy the files from that CD to your hard drive?

I'm a bit confused as to what kind of burn you made. Are you doing a "Muti-session" burn ? And I'm also confused when you say "The second half of the CD files show, but will not display"...(show/display ???).

Frank....

I'm a bit confused as to what kind of burn you made. Are you doing a "Muti-session" burn ? And I'm also confused when you say "The second half of the CD files show, but will not display"...(show/display ???).

Frank....

Actually, the way that hit me first is that the icon is visible but when the icon is clicked on the file doesn't open.

Altho this is par for the course for layouts that exceed 4 levels deep (this has to do with Joliet limitations), I chose to interpret it that some of the files may have faded out (this being a CD-RW).

On a multi-session disc in the older Versions, if you don't "import" what is already on the CD it will "disappear" (from the Table of Contents, anyway). However, I believe that was solved for both EMC 7 and above, and for WinXP's built-in burning - so I'm assuming it isn't relevant here.

Lynn

Archived