Missing Certificate File/Invalid Installation

dymoy

Question

I just bought the v8 as an upgrade, and am having an absolute nightmare getting it running. The installation went smoothly, but when I launch it over 1/2 of the modules comes back with the "invalid installation, please reinstall" popup. During the reinstallation, I often get a "certificate file" missing message. But even after reinstalling after deleting all old versions and editing the registry, I get the same problem. I've reinstalled this over a dozen times with the same non-result. It almost looks like the Essentials package is insalled instead of the Suite since most of those module are the ones missing. I did manage to get through to customer service (sales), and they confirmed that I purchased the Suite and that the CD Key was for a Suite. Their only solution was call Tech support which for us working stiffs is impossible to contact (Do they really think that most customers are available at their home PC from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday??). Ask Roxanne is perfectly useless, and will not give me the option to open a problem ticket.

I have seen this same problem posted on this forum before with no resolution shown. I'm hoping someone has finally come up with something I can try. Otherwise I'll move onto something else and write this off as an expensive piece of garbage. By the way, my PC is running a 2Mhz AMD with 768MB memory and a 75GB hard drive (25 MB free with CD Creator installed). It is running Windows XP (SP2). Any thoughts??

2 answers to this question

I just bought the v8 as an upgrade, and am having an absolute nightmare getting it running. The installation went smoothly, but when I launch it over 1/2 of the modules comes back with the "invalid installation, please reinstall" popup. During the reinstallation, I often get a "certificate file" missing message. But even after reinstalling after deleting all old versions and editing the registry, I get the same problem. I've reinstalled this over a dozen times with the same non-result. It almost looks like the Essentials package is insalled instead of the Suite since most of those module are the ones missing. I did manage to get through to customer service (sales), and they confirmed that I purchased the Suite and that the CD Key was for a Suite. Their only solution was call Tech support which for us working stiffs is impossible to contact (Do they really think that most customers are available at their home PC from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday??). Ask Roxanne is perfectly useless, and will not give me the option to open a problem ticket.

I have seen this same problem posted on this forum before with no resolution shown. I'm hoping someone has finally come up with something I can try. Otherwise I'll move onto something else and write this off as an expensive piece of garbage. By the way, my PC is running a 2Mhz AMD with 768MB memory and a 75GB hard drive (25 MB free with CD Creator installed). It is running Windows XP (SP2). Any thoughts??

Just a quick update. Roxio support finally got back to me about 2 weeks ago and gave me some detailed instructions on how to uninstall and delete out any previous instructions. Appparently what has been causing the problem has been some hidden files which the normal uninstall and the cleanup packages which were recommended here don't cleanup. Roxio should put those instructions on their FAQ instead of the general stuff. I'm finally up and running on all programs.

Thanks dymoy for posting back that you have found the problem and are up running O.K. And Thanks especially for letting others know that Roxio Support is available and can solve problems. This forum is not intended to be Roxio Support. We are all just users like yourself, trying to be helpful. Replies from most all of the more knowledgeable members of this forum always do their best to help with problems and base their suggestions based on a whole lot of previous experience. Also the information that normal uninstalls and other cleanup programs are not always a "silver bullet" that solves the problem might be very helpful for others as well.

Archived