• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How to Change Destination File?

Joel S

Question

This default folder for the new video files is in the movies folder in the user's home directory. I can not find the preference to change this behavior as I have a large external hard disk I would like to use for this purpose. How does one change this preference?

6 answers to this question

This default folder for the new video files is in the movies folder in the user's home directory. I can not find the preference to change this behavior as I have a large external hard disk I would like to use for this purpose. How does one change this preference?

There is no option to change the destination folder right now, it always uses the Movies folder.

That is not good. It would be an easy fix to make a preference to change that.

Uhhh, why don't you just copy the file to you external hard drive after you capture it? You should be able to clean enough space off the computer hard drive to do the capture. IMovie should work from the external hard drive.

Uhhh, why don't you just copy the file to you external hard drive after you capture it? You should be able to clean enough space off the computer hard drive to do the capture. IMovie should work from the external hard drive.

Now now, be nice ;)

It wouldn't be a bad option, but for the moment what sknis mentions is what you'd need to do.

It sure would be nice for the programers to allow All to select which Hard Drive to work with. Imovie will work from an external hard drive, but just another very time consuming step to be done in order to make DVD, especially when every step each has to take takes extraordinary time to complete. To make a 2 hour DVD can take up to 10 hours or more. Is this really acceptable for a MAC?

Add me to the group who would like to see a preference added so an external disk can be targeted for the generated movie files. I don't want to spend all of my time copying files to an external archive volume. (I know waaaa…waaaa!)

I'm a long-time Toast user and Roxio advocate and this seems to be an easy fix. Come on Roxio, give us an update!

Archived