• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding text to a blank screen

patmoore

Question

Hi folks,

I know how annoying it can be to have to answer a question that's been asked many times before but I was unable to find what I was looking for through search so I'm asking your help. Some time ago I bought MyDVD 10 Premier Version: 10.1.115 Build: 111B15A, MYP but frankly haven't used it. I've been using Windows Movie Maker until now but wanted to take advantage of the more powerful features Roxio offers.

Right off the bat I was stymied with VideoWave. I wanted to add text to a solid color background but was only given the option of putting it over a graphic. I created a solid color graphic but it seemed like a lot of wasted effort. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'd like to create a short (5 minute) movie for my ski club to act as a recruiting tool. I'll include many stills of our activities as well as some video. I probably won't include sound. The project shouldn't be too difficult but I know I'll have questions going forward. In advance, I'd like to thank you for your guidance and patience with this rookie.

2 answers to this question

Answered my own question. I stumbled across a command called "insert color panel" that did the trick. Applying text still seems a bit cumbersome but I'll experiment.

Is there a thread where folks share their efforts and we can ask, "Hey, how'd you do that?"

lol glad that you found that. I am just putting this back on my laptop. I had it on my old one that crashed but didn't use it much due to the same issue and I never seemed to get back to it till today. I had wondered the same thing. Thanks!!

Answered my own question. I stumbled across a command called "insert color panel" that did the trick. Applying text still seems a bit cumbersome but I'll experiment.

Is there a thread where folks share their efforts and we can ask, "Hey, how'd you do that?"

Archived