gmbdl

Dragging transitions into Timeline

Question

I have been doing this for a long time and decided to see if one of you can cut my frustration level down a bit. When in Videowave, I dock the effects selector and drag my favorite transitions down into the Timeline window to put them in the order I want them to appear. When I left click and drag, the Timeline Window scrolls up and down as I am trying to insert it. I have tried sneaking up on it slowly, I have tried going at it like a freight train, I have tried putting the row of pictures at the top and bottom of the Timeline window, but I still end up with a fight on my hands. Is there a trick to this - I need to keep the Timeline window stationary so I can drag and drop the transition next to the picture where I want it. I know this is a minor problem, but it just takes so much more time. Thanks for any hints you can give me. Mary

3 answers to this question

I guess you mean Storyline where you see the square panels.

How about if you maximize Videowave and then adjust the Storyline view so that all panels are visible? I am not in front of the PC with Creator Suite but I think that should stop the scrolling of the Storyline window if you try to drag effects from the docked Effect Selector.

Let us know how it goes.

I guess you mean Storyline where you see the square panels.

How about if you maximize Videowave and then adjust the Storyline view so that all panels are visible? I am not in front of the PC with Creator Suite but I think that should stop the scrolling of the Storyline window if you try to drag effects from the docked Effect Selector.

Let us know how it goes.

Well, there is truth to the saying "Never too old to learn". I had no idea I could enlarge the viewing area of Storyline. And you are right, it does help immensely. I added my transitions in record time. Thank you for seeing through my "senior moment" when I said I was working in Timeline. Once again I thank you - what a time saver. Mary