BeerJohn

USB Turntable not found

Question

One of the reasons I purchased this expensive product is to convert LPs to wav files and turn them into CDs. I have a USB turntable and the Digitize LPs and Tapes not only does not find my turntable it does not find my on board sound card either. The Capture From combo box is blank and the only thing available in the Input combo box is Microphone. What am I missing here?

7 answers to this question

List your PC specs and OS… sounds like Vista and you probably didn’t enable these devices for recording.

List your PC specs and OS… sounds like Vista and you probably didn’t enable these devices for recording.

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3

AMD Athlon X2 2500 Mhz

2 GB RAM

I tested with the program that came with the turntable and it recognizes the turntable and records. The problem there is that you have to record each track one at a time and am trying to avoid that.

John

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3

AMD Athlon X2 2500 Mhz

2 GB RAM

I tested with the program that came with the turntable and it recognizes the turntable and records. The problem there is that you have to record each track one at a time and am trying to avoid that.

John

It is up the manufacture to provide the drivers that make a device available to other software, not the other way around.

Contact the manufacture or use the included software.

The Capture from box is the sound device you're going to capture from.

The Input box is for which input on that device will be used.

Anything that's in the Capture from box is being seen from what's recognized by the OS.

The Input box is from what inputs are recognized by the OS from that device.

If you see nothing in the Capture from box then the OS isn't seeing the Turntable as a device.

Try going to Control Panel,Sound and Audio devices,Audio tab and then in the middle where Recording is,hit the drop down and see if you have any other choices besides your sound card (like the turntable).

If you do make it the default and see if it then works.

The software for the turntable was written specifically to find it.You may have to go that route.

Also there's other posts in these threads concerning USB turntables.You might do a search and find a solution.

Thanks guys,

I'll give these suggestions a try. If none of them work I can always get a cable, pull my old turntable and stereo out of storage and hook them up. I was just trying to avoid that because I really don't have room for the amp and speakers.

I have a HP Pavillion Laptop running Windows Vista (operating system) and an ION USB Turntable. I've installed the software, plugged in the turntable but when it runs there is no sound coming out of my laptop. The image on the screen shows that there's sound (when the vinyl is playing and its in record mode). I've contacted ION and they gave me instructions to follow but i've still no joy. Does anyone else out there have this problem? OR a solution to it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by steveausten

I have a HP Pavillion Laptop running Windows Vista (operating system) and an ION USB Turntable. I've installed the software, plugged in the turntable but when it runs there is no sound coming out of my laptop. The image on the screen shows that there's sound (when the vinyl is playing and its in record mode). I've contacted ION and they gave me instructions to follow but i've still no joy. Does anyone else out there have this problem? OR a solution to it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You posted to a one and a half year old thread.

I see no mention of Roxio software involved, is there?