• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Animated Clipart

MsCrabtree

Question

11 answers to this question

You're absolutely right! My bad. I do have movie maker, but never knew it. Ok, so I downloaded a ton of .gif from a web site were it was free. I saved it to my computer, then collected it in movie maker. When I view it in movie maker, the pictures are not very clear. They just don't look like they did on the web site. Did I do everything correctly? Is there a better way?

No you can't use a powerpoint presentation. It's not a video file.

What OS are you running? XP, Vista, Windows 7, something else...?

Windows Movie Maker (a.k.a. WMM) is installed as part of XP and Vista. You wouldn't need to 'download' anything. It should be under Start -> Programs -> Accessories (in XP at least. Similar in Vista I think)

Thanks for all your help!

Depending on the gif file, some are going to look worse than others. The smaller the gif (64x64, 120x120 etc.. ) the worse they'll look, especially if you make them bigger.

Anyway, to get a video file you can use in VW, add a GIF to the WMM project, then export it to a DV AVI file. You can then add that AVI file to your VW project. Best to add it as an overlay in VW. Then you can resize it.

Also, what steps do I take to get them from movie maker to video wave?

You're absolutely right! My bad. I do have movie maker, but never knew it. Ok, so I downloaded a ton of .gif from a web site were it was free. I saved it to my computer, then collected it in movie maker. When I view it in movie maker, the pictures are not very clear. They just don't look like they did on the web site. Did I do everything correctly? Is there a better way?

Also, what steps do I take to get them from movie maker to video wave?

What is the website where you got the gifs?

What are the steps you took to get the gifs into WMM? What are your output settings?

Please give us some information on what you are doing? I don't think you will get good quality from gifs.

Website is http://www.gifanimations.com/ I just clicked on each individual item I wanted and saved them to a computer file. Then I went into movie maker, clicked on file >import into collections, found the file I saved with the animations and saved them into collections.

What is the website where you got the gifs?

What are the steps you took to get the gifs into WMM? What are your output settings?

Please give us some information on what you are doing? I don't think you will get good quality from gifs.

Larry, I cannot download movie maker, is there another way I can use animated clip art as overlay? If I made a microsoft powerpoint presentation with animated clip art, can I use it as a video in my videowave?

Sounds like you are wanting to add some animated .gif files (as overlays I'm guessing).

You can't use the .gif files directly. You can open the .gif files in Windows Movie Maker however, then export them as video files. You can thn add those video files to your VideoWave production.

Larry, I cannot download movie maker, is there another way I can use animated clip art as overlay? If I made a microsoft powerpoint presentation with animated clip art, can I use it as a video in my videowave?

No you can't use a powerpoint presentation. It's not a video file.

What OS are you running? XP, Vista, Windows 7, something else...?

Windows Movie Maker (a.k.a. WMM) is installed as part of XP and Vista. You wouldn't need to 'download' anything. It should be under Start -> Programs -> Accessories (in XP at least. Similar in Vista I think)

Website is http://www.gifanimations.com/ I just clicked on each individual item I wanted and saved them to a computer file. Then I went into movie maker, clicked on file >import into collections, found the file I saved with the animations and saved them into collections.

Unfortunately I cannot import any of the downloaded GIFs into WMM, they are listed as "corrupt". They do play through Windows Media Player but are not worth watching because of the very low resolution. I don't think are are very useful in using in Videowave projects.

Depending on the gif file, some are going to look worse than others. The smaller the gif (64x64, 120x120 etc.. ) the worse they'll look, especially if you make them bigger.

Anyway, to get a video file you can use in VW, add a GIF to the WMM project, then export it to a DV AVI file. You can then add that AVI file to your VW project. Best to add it as an overlay in VW. Then you can resize it.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to add animated clip art to the video wave production? I'm an amateur but I'm making a 350 picture video with 6 songs and would love to spice it up.

Sounds like you are wanting to add some animated .gif files (as overlays I'm guessing).

You can't use the .gif files directly. You can open the .gif files in Windows Movie Maker however, then export them as video files. You can thn add those video files to your VideoWave production.

Thanks, not sure how to do all that, but I'll give it a shot and get back to ya.

Archived