please help My dvd decoder and driver MISSING

patden04@yahoo.com

Question

uninstalling the videowave 8 for the fourth time has now caused the dvd decoder to vanish

I get a message saying "dell media can not play your dvd because a compatible dvd decoder is not

installed on your computer. My dell inspiron 6000 laptop came with dvd writer burner and cd writeer burner

optical drive with sonic my dvd l e installed at the dell factory. Somehow it has been deactivated.

or uninstalled. Can we download one from sonic or roxio?

my pc no longer recognized any dvd discs it wont play homemovie dvd burned with my previous version

of mydvd l e which came with the computer. I uninstalled the earlier version thinking this would help the

new videowave8 install better. The disc drive still reads and burns to cd discs but not dvds.

my computer repair guy went in and re edit the registry exactly as roxio suggested

Deleated the LOWER FILTERS.... but it didnt fix the original problem: Drive D inaccesible Incorrect function. How can I ask roxio help me obtain an updated version of a dvd decoder drive that is

compatible with windowsxp??

Installing videowave8 bundled with photosuite8 and new mydvd has been the most harmful thing that

has ever happened to this dell pc. It no longer reads or writes any dvds in the optical drive.

the old mydvd le is gone and I have also uninstalled mydvd8

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN MAKE DRIVE D recognize and read-write dvds??

Thanks for any help pat

1 answer to this question

Archived