• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Builder - Themes

akorson

Question

:) Is there a way to create or import custom themes into DVD Builder? I know how to simply change the background image and then select one of there predefined button themes....I was wondering if there is a plugin similar to Sonic MyDVD's style creator or some other way to incorporate a more personalized look?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Mandy

4 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

I don't believe there is any theme creator, like the style creator for older version of MyDVD, for DVD Builder.

Ivan

:) Is there a way to create or import custom themes into DVD Builder? I know how to simply change the background image and then select one of there predefined button themes....I was wondering if there is a plugin similar to Sonic MyDVD's style creator or some other way to incorporate a more personalized look?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Mandy

In Version 7 or 7.5, you can modify an existing theme, and save it as a custom theme, using a different name than the original. You can use your own special theme whenever you want.

You can't do this with Version 8.

Guest mlpasley

In addition to changing the background to a photo or video of your choice, you can also change the music and as you already know, change the buttons. I'm hoping that you know how to change the text, font, size of the titles in DVD Builder. Then save it as a custom theme like Bruce recommended.

In addition, if you look in C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Content\StoryBuilder, you'll find all the custom VideoWave Storybuilder themes. To see which ones you want to use, double click on them. If it's an mpg file, Windows will play the movie or if it's an mp3, Windows will play the music.

You can see how they are used in StoryBuilder by making a test production. The pictures can be used as a background in DVD Builder.

I like to customize my movies by using a background and occasionally music from my videos. In VideoWave, right click on the video in the Media Selector and choose Extract Image. Just make sure you know where you store the pictures so that you can find them when you switch to DVD Builder.

Hope that helps. If it wasnt' clear, please ask.

If you are wanting to "customize" one of DVDbuilder's default Themes using verions 7 or 7.5, I think you can only customize the one you initially choose with only the other default theme files, or as was suggested make "modifications". I suggest ivanatrox's post answer meant that there is no actual other way that you can create an all new customized theme, like you could do in the other old style creators.

However, ml has some great suggestions as to how to "modify" everything to get some better DVD's.

Frank....

Archived