toast crash

trta123

Question

2 answers to this question

When connect Imac to DV camera - Panasonic and trying to start toast it crashes!?

any help?

thanks

My brother has a Panasonic DV camera and it has some problems with Macs and Firewire. Make sure your camera is turned off before connecting or disconnecting the Firewire cable or you may end up damaging the camera's Firewire board (that's happened twice to my brother and Panasonic said it is a common issue with Macs).

Meanwhile, back to your problem. If you can't get the camera to work with Toast, try using the freeware application Vidi to import the video to your Mac and then drag that imported file to Toast.

My brother has a Panasonic DV camera and it has some problems with Macs and Firewire. Make sure your camera is turned off before connecting or disconnecting the Firewire cable or you may end up damaging the camera's Firewire board (that's happened twice to my brother and Panasonic said it is a common issue with Macs).

Meanwhile, back to your problem. If you can't get the camera to work with Toast, try using the freeware application Vidi to import the video to your Mac and then drag that imported file to Toast.

Thanks mate!

Archived