• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

video capture is jerky

Don717

Question

I have been trying to use video capture with my dvr I had no problems with creator 10 but 2009 the audio is fine but the video is jerky. it stops and starts. I am using a HP dv7*1273cl notebook. It has vista 64 os Intel T6400 chip 4gb memory, 2MB L2 cache, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT. I am not sure what else you need. I have tried using both the Roxio USB device and a Avermedia device. both result in the same starting and stopping of the video. I have also seen one previous answer and it was of no help. I have the latest patch installed. I would really like to be able to use this software. Please help

1 answer to this question

I have been trying to use video capture with my dvr I had no problems with creator 10 but 2009 the audio is fine but the video is jerky. it stops and starts. I am using a HP dv7*1273cl notebook. It has vista 64 os Intel T6400 chip 4gb memory, 2MB L2 cache, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT. I am not sure what else you need. I have tried using both the Roxio USB device and a Avermedia device. both result in the same starting and stopping of the video. I have also seen one previous answer and it was of no help. I have the latest patch installed. I would really like to be able to use this software. Please help

Disconnect from the internet, shut down your anti-virus and anti-malware and anything else you don't need to be running. Do a defrag of your hard drive. Open Video Wave or MyDVD, go to the top menu, select tools, options and set the encoding to software (it should already be there). Try capturing again.

If that doesn't help, the issue is with how your DVR captures the files. Contact that manufacturer or read your instruction book to see if you have an options to record in a different format.