• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

download mp4 files from youtube

ambertape888

Question

6 answers to this question

I have downloaded a number of mp4 files. I would like to convert theswe files into playable files on a regular dvd player. How can I do this in EZCD 10 so I can play these files on my dvd player.

Thanks

There is no EZCD 10, there is a Easy Media Creator 10, a full retail bought version.

What do you have?

Have you tried opening the files in MyDVD or Video Copy and Convert and outputting them to DVD?

cd

There is no EZCD 10, there is a Easy Media Creator 10, a full retail bought version.

What do you have?

Have you tried opening the files in MyDVD or Video Copy and Convert and outputting them to DVD?

cd

I have the retail version. I will try the Mydvd or video copy and convert and report back.

I have the retail version. I will try the Mydvd or video copy and convert and report back.

so far I am not doing so good. I brought in 3 mp4 files into MyDVD. The size of the 3 files in total was about 76MB. MyDVD expanded these three files into a dvd of almost 4gb . I had selected DVD and I was suprised that it expanded these three files into such a large proportion. I brought it home and I got it to play on my dvd player but it started off with the MyMenu music which I dislike a lot and would like to get rid of it but I have done something wrong. Should I have selected MPEG-2 instead of dvd which is the highest quality ? Can I make my own menus of different songs ?

I then used video copy and convert the same 75mb files and it took less space. I brought the dvd+rw home and it wouldn't play on my dvd player in my house.My dvd player stated that playback feature isn't available on this disc.

Please tell me what I did wrong.

Are there some How-to guides on doing the above ?

Thanks

so far I am not doing so good. I brought in 3 mp4 files into MyDVD. The size of the 3 files in total was about 76MB. MyDVD expanded these three files into a dvd of almost 4gb . I had selected DVD and I was suprised that it expanded these three files into such a large proportion. I brought it home and I got it to play on my dvd player but it started off with the MyMenu music which I dislike a lot and would like to get rid of it but I have done something wrong. Should I have selected MPEG-2 instead of dvd which is the highest quality ? Can I make my own menus of different songs ?

I then used video copy and convert the same 75mb files and it took less space. I brought the dvd+rw home and it wouldn't play on my dvd player in my house.My dvd player stated that playback feature isn't available on this disc.

Thanks

You have done nothing wrong when you used myDVD and if it played on your DVD player then the burn process also was without error.

First of all, file size means nothing when you create standard video DVDs. It's the time that is important - a 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of best quality video. Your 3 mp4 files are very higly compressed and have to be uncomressed and encoded for the standard DVD format which by the way is mpeg2. You have not stated what setting you used when you burned the DVD.

The menu that plays is propably the default menu, if you want something else you have to select "change menu style". You can of course create your own custom menu and use.

I have no idea what settings you used in Video Copy & Convert but most likely you used a format which DVD players do not recognize.

Here are links to Demos and Tutorials. Thanks to sknis,karri and other.

Beginner Video Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite

Steve's (sknis) Demo Videos Using Roxio EMC 8-10

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials

Steps to Making a DVD

Edited by myguggi

You have done nothing wrong when you used myDVD and if it played on your DVD player then the burn process also was without error.

First of all, file size means nothing when you create standard video DVDs. It's the time that is important - a 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of best quality video. Your 3 mp4 files are very higly compressed and have to be uncomressed and encoded for the standard DVD format which by the way is mpeg2. You have not stated what setting you used when you burned the DVD.

The menu that plays is propably the default menu, if you want something else you have to select "change menu style". You can of course create your own custom menu and use.

I have no idea what settings you used in Video Copy & Convert but most likely you used a format which DVD players do not recognize.

Here are links to Demos and Tutorials. Thanks to sknis,karri and other.

Beginner Video Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite

Steve's (sknis) Demo Videos Using Roxio EMC 8-10

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials

Steps to Making a DVD

Hello,

Thanks for your help. First as far as video copy and convert, I set the setting for mpeg-2 and this format didn't play in my dvd player, it did play in my computer. I understand your explanation that mp4 files are highly compressed and I believe I had the setting foir the highest quality therefore three files filled the dvd disc. At least I did something right. I was smart and all my copies were done on dvd+rw discs so I just erased them. Today I set the recording parameters for LP-long play and I am able to put seven mp4 files on the dvd disc and will try them tonight on my dvd player.

In using MyDVD all I can add are four mp4 files to the menu and since I wanted seven mp4 files it asked if I wanted to make another menu. Is this normal ? I have left on the test dvd+rw 1:23 minutes left so long play is the way to go as far as making a 2hr video. I went to change menu style and all I saw were different styles. I would prefer no styles or beig able to make my own menu. How could I do that ?

When I make a dvd disc in Mydvd, is there a way to link the seven mp4 files in that it will play all seven files one after the other before it starts burning ?

Thanks

Thanks

Not all DVD players can read a DVD+RW disc. Check the specs of your player for compatible DVD disc types.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld