error 1312

gpalmore

Question

i can't install easy 8. when doing so, i get an error 1312 box. it reads; "error 1312. Cannot create the directory : C\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files. A file with this name already exists. Please rename or remove the file and click Retry, or click Cancel to exit".

the problem is that windows will neither let me rename or remove the file. any suggestions?

thank you,

glenn

4 answers to this question

neil,

gpalmore here.

i tried your suggestion with the unlocker download. it worked great! i had spent most of the day going crazy trying to get the easy 8 software to run. with unlocker, it took less than a minute to fix.

thank you so much.

glenn

No Probs at all mate, thats what we are all here for

i can't install easy 8. when doing so, i get an error 1312 box. it reads; "error 1312. Cannot create the directory : C\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files. A file with this name already exists. Please rename or remove the file and click Retry, or click Cancel to exit".

the problem is that windows will neither let me rename or remove the file. any suggestions?

thank you,

glenn

What version are you trying to install....downloaded version or retail version? You have lots of junk running in the background? Can your computer handle the software? A little more information will help folks trying to help you.

Hi Glen,

This sounds like a permission issue on the local computer, can you make sure that you have FULL administrator access onto that unit, (look under control panel at the users tab, and see if your account shows administrator in its setup..

Then try the install again, other wise you can down load a cool little app that lets you delete, Move, and folder that may be locked..

Download Unlocker 1.8.3 from here

Make sure you follow the instructions on this, also you can try the roxio Zap tool, as this is designed to remove the installs and faulty installs of EMC8...

Download it from Here.

Also run a registry cleaner though your system to clean off any rubbish that may have been left after the install attempts.

make sure you have a copy of your registry before ever playing with it.

Download link for Microsoft's Registry cleaner Here

Also as a pre-install thing , make sure you have a clean system from spyware (run spybot as it is free)

and make sure you have the pre requisites for running EMC on your system.

they being.....

Minimum Requirements:

• Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE (Service Pack 2), Win2K (SP 4 or later)

• 500 MHz Intel® Pentium III (or equiv.); 128 MB RAM

• 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.); 256 MB RAM

• 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.)

• 1 GB disk space for installation

• 9 GB hard disk space for copying DVD-Video discs

• 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card.

DirectX 9 or higher

Also make sure you have the latest DirectX and the latist Microsoft Installer 3.1

Wish you luck, regards

Hi Glen,

This sounds like a permission issue on the local computer, can you make sure that you have FULL administrator access onto that unit, (look under control panel at the users tab, and see if your account shows administrator in its setup..

Then try the install again, other wise you can down load a cool little app that lets you delete, Move, and folder that may be locked..

Download Unlocker 1.8.3 from here

Make sure you follow the instructions on this, also you can try the roxio Zap tool, as this is designed to remove the installs and faulty installs of EMC8...

Download it from Here.

Also run a registry cleaner though your system to clean off any rubbish that may have been left after the install attempts.

make sure you have a copy of your registry before ever playing with it.

Download link for Microsoft's Registry cleaner Here

Also as a pre-install thing , make sure you have a clean system from spyware (run spybot as it is free)

and make sure you have the pre requisites for running EMC on your system.

they being.....

Minimum Requirements:

• Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE (Service Pack 2), Win2K (SP 4 or later)

• 500 MHz Intel® Pentium III (or equiv.); 128 MB RAM

• 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.); 256 MB RAM

• 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.)

• 1 GB disk space for installation

• 9 GB hard disk space for copying DVD-Video discs

• 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card.

DirectX 9 or higher

Also make sure you have the latest DirectX and the latist Microsoft Installer 3.1

Wish you luck, regards

neil,

gpalmore here.

i tried your suggestion with the unlocker download. it worked great! i had spent most of the day going crazy trying to get the easy 8 software to run. with unlocker, it took less than a minute to fix.

thank you so much.

glenn

Archived