• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

AVCDH-Lite files Videowave & MyDVD Import

sailingby

Question

Hi all, I hope this subject hasn't already been covered but I couldn't find anything applicable after a quick scan of the forum.

Panasonic's latest digital cameras can record movies in an official but cut down version of AVCHD called AVCHD-Lite. Unfortunately, having upgraded to Creator 2009 for its AVCHD compatability, I find the Roxio MPEG conversion of AVCHD-Lite movie files produces unusable MPEG files. The MPEG files produced only display the first few seconds in Videowave with increasing picture distortion on the right hand side and they won't play in Power DVD. The AVCHD-Lite files convert perfectly in a conversion application such as Winff, so I guess the Roxio converter is not up to speed on the -Lite files.

Anyone else found the same? Is it possible for the Roxio converter to be updated to handle the AVCHD-Lite format?

1 answer to this question

Hi all, I hope this subject hasn't already been covered but I couldn't find anything applicable after a quick scan of the forum.

Panasonic's latest digital cameras can record movies in an official but cut down version of AVCHD called AVCHD-Lite. Unfortunately, having upgraded to Creator 2009 for its AVCHD compatability, I find the Roxio MPEG conversion of AVCHD-Lite movie files produces unusable MPEG files. The MPEG files produced only display the first few seconds in Videowave with increasing picture distortion on the right hand side and they won't play in Power DVD. The AVCHD-Lite files convert perfectly in a conversion application such as Winff, so I guess the Roxio converter is not up to speed on the -Lite files.

Anyone else found the same? Is it possible for the Roxio converter to be updated to handle the AVCHD-Lite format?

Here's some info on the Mac side of Roxio http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=51521

Contact the Roxio Sales 1-877-697-6946 and see if they know.

Archived