• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What is a Drag to Disc "Kernel"?

remedy2

Have finally managed to transfer a cassette tape to my computer. But when I try to burn a CD in Disc creator, a message comes up telling me "recorder is in use by Roxio Drag to Disc Kernel. Close any other Roxio applications that may be using the recorder or eject the drag to disc media". There are no other progams open at all, so what am I doing wrong?

Have finally managed to transfer a cassette tape to my computer. But when I try to burn a CD in Disc creator, a message comes up telling me "recorder is in use by Roxio Drag to Disc Kernel. Close any other Roxio applications that may be using the recorder or eject the drag to disc media". There are no other progams open at all, so what am I doing wrong?

Sounds like the disc that you are using has been formatted, try using a blank, right out of the box (or spindle) CD-R.

It normally indicates you have a D2D formatted disc in the drive. For optical media burning, you never format a disc!!!

If the disc is indeed blank, try opening D2D (icon in your Systray) and from the menu, choose Exit Drag to Disc before starting Classic.

• 2 months later...
It normally indicates you have a D2D formatted disc in the drive. For optical media burning, you never format a disc!!!

If the disc is indeed blank, try opening D2D (icon in your Systray) and from the menu, choose Exit Drag to Disc before starting Classic.

Not the original poster but I have the very same problem and have literally tried everything imaginable - to no avail. Mr. Hardin do you have any other suggestions

Archived