• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 2009 Pan & Zoom Editor

sailingby

Question

In Creator 9.0, the VideoWave Pan & Zoom Editor had the time bar calibrated in seconds, which is very useful for deciding when you want still picture pan & zoom to start and end relative to the start and end of the display time of the picture, especially when one has a fade out and fade in. However, in Creator 2009's VideoWave the time bar is uncalibrated, resulting in having to use a"suck it and see" iterative edit process. Why has such a retrograde step been taken in the new version?

5 answers to this question

If you use the Advanced mode, you add a keyframe and then adjust that keyframe by using the 'thumbwheel'. That will give you a read out.

Thanks Gary, it's just the majority of what I do doesn't need advanced mode and it was much simpler to use standard mode when one was importing hundreds of stills into projects. Can you ask your Roxio contacts if the timescale was removed deliberately or did the bit of code get accidentally dropped off? I would much rather it was still there in the standard mode.

Funny thing, I haven't even noticed, but as i recall, Pan/Zoom used to have three choices didn't it?

Now I think of it, I think you are right. I think there used to me a "Manual", "Preset" & "Avanced", "Manual" (or whatever it was called) has disappeared and there is now a "Custom" choice in "Preset" and they have forgotten that if this is supposed to replace "Manual" the time bar isn't calibrated. So it looks like someone thinking he was making things more slick has reduced the usability without realising it. Why they continue with "Preset" at all mystifies me as no predefined pan and/or zoom will suite all pictures, if any at all and they would have been better to ditch that mode, at least for those of us who want to do a decent project. I take all my photos in 3:2 and use the pan/zoom at least to get the picture to fill the 16:9 frame, now if they had presets to do that with 4:3 and 3:2 image formats, that might save people a lot of time.

I'm tempted to go back to Creator 9 but then it had too many bugs, like not closing applications properly and hanging when one did an insert fade effect between all pictures.

P.S. I notice that the "Advanced" option in Creator 2009's VideoWave doesn't have calibration on the time bar either, so what on earth were they thinking of? My guess is there were trying to reduce the size of the application code so they could add more bloat in predefined effects etc ....

This is very annoying Mr Sonic Solutions, I didn't fork out for a new version to get reduced functionality.