• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

barfle

I can't access the main window

Question

I have Roxio Creator 2009, and I've installed it a couple of times because I haven't been able to get the main menu screen to appear. I can access the various modules through my Start button and drilling down to the modules, but the shell never shows up.

Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

I have Roxio Creator 2009, and I've installed it a couple of times because I haven't been able to get the main menu screen to appear. I can access the various modules through my Start button and drilling down to the modules, but the shell never shows up.

Any ideas?

Have you installed the SP4 update for Creator 2009? It usually takes care of that.

Have you installed the SP4 update for Creator 2009? It usually takes care of that.

Yes, it's installed, and now every time I run any module, I get an installation window that's looking for "UM.MSI". I can still work in the programs, but it's annoying as all get out.

And still no main menu screen.

I have the same issue and I have installed SP4. I can access the individual modules successfully. When I use the "Roxio Creator 2009" shortcut or drill down to the "Program Files/Roxio Creator 2009/ Roxio Central 4/RoxioCentralFx,exe" I only get the red "roxio" logo. I am running Vista 32.

PS: All the modules seem to work fine and there are no errors.

Edited by Tutie

I have the same issue and I have installed SP4. I can access the individual modules successfully. When I use the "Roxio Creator 2009" shortcut or drill down to the "Program Files/Roxio Creator 2009/ Roxio Central 4/RoxioCentralFx,exe" I only get the red "roxio" logo. I am running Vista 32.

PS: All the modules seem to work fine and there are no errors.

I followed tech support's suggestions (briefly MSCONFIG to disable start, Uninstall Creator 2009, Window Installer Cleanup used on Roxio, Sonic, EMC or Smartsound, delete Roxio folders, empty recycle bin, REGEDIT Roxio/Sonic, restart and install) and it installed. All is OK now, I hope.