• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning CD

pfitzner

:) I am using Easy CD Creator 5 Plantnum and I was given some cd-r's and the manufacturer is "Memorex Black CD-r writing speed is 48. My burner software I thought was from Roxio but I guess it works together with the software that came with my burner. SO, I am using NEC NR-7800a AND my write speeds are 10x, 12x 14x and 16x and I noticed that the "Memorex CD-R's is just 48 write speed. Is this the reason why my software will not work is because my software capability is not fast enough and my software just rejects the CD's? So what gives?

Harry

:) I am using Easy CD Creator 5 Plantnum and I was given some cd-r's and the manufacturer is "Memorex Black CD-r writing speed is 48. My burner software I thought was from Roxio but I guess it works together with the software that came with my burner. SO, I am using NEC NR-7800a AND my write speeds are 10x, 12x 14x and 16x and I noticed that the "Memorex CD-R's is just 48 write speed. Is this the reason why my software will not work is because my software capability is not fast enough and my software just rejects the CD's? So what gives?

Harry

The write speed has to do not only with how fast the disc can be burned at, but also the speed at which the system can deliver the data, and how fast the burner can write. The The NEC NR 7800A CD-RW is a 16x10x40x burner.

(http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/NEC_NR_7800A_CD_RW_drive_IDE/4505-3207_16-30084007.html)

That means, the FASTEST the burner can burn is 16x. In practice, 12x or 14x is probably going to be the top speed, unless it is slowed down by how fast the system can deliver the data.

Beyond that, I've seen more complaints about quality problems with Memorex brand than all other brands put together. I'd suggest you get a couple discs of different brands and try them. (The 48x means UP TO 48x, i.e., won't burn at 52x even if the burner is capable of it.)

However, I'd like some clarification of what "my software will not work" means.

Lynn

Really strange people. Usually for an attachment even with other forums I could add two pictures of what the error is saying however it is acking for a URL for pictures or attachment so I guess someone will have to explain this complexity.

I have two jpeg but do not know who to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

Really strange people. Usually for an attachment even with other forums I could add two pictures of what the error is saying however it is acking for a URL for pictures or attachment so I guess someone will have to explain this complexity.

I have two jpeg but do not know who to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

You have to put them on a server someplace first, and then use the URL of those pictures in your posts here, rather than being able to attach them directly. Most ISP's give you space on their server for a "homepage" which would be a good place to upload your pictures to. Then you can use the "Insert Image" button to add the URL of those pictures.

Hope that explains it clearly enough.

Otherwise, just post the text of the error messages.

well ok, I don't have a web page to do an attachment and this is strange the other web page I am a member of another forum who uses the same software as this forum but it must be another version and I have dome normal attachments using a browser so I just dont know. For now I have emailed People Pc thanking them for the two virsus and told them that I am putting on my AVG to do extra protection and when i did I found the virsus and deleted them.

Harry

well ok, I don't have a web page to do an attachment and this is strange the other web page I am a member of another forum who uses the same software as this forum but it must be another version and I have dome normal attachments using a browser so I just dont know. For now I have emailed People Pc thanking them for the two virsus and told them that I am putting on my AVG to do extra protection and when i did I found the virsus and deleted them.

Harry

That's all well and good, but what I'm assuming that you were going to post may have included the requested error messages? What do they say?!

:)

That's all well and good, but what I'm assuming that you were going to post may have included the requested error messages? What do they say?!

:huh: Well it says "E80004005 Unspecified error" I clicked the help and it says to retry it and I did and no go.

Paul

:D Do you think I should download updates I have the REV A v 5.02

Paul

:)

:huh: Well it says "E80004005 Unspecified error" I clicked the help and it says to retry it and I did and no go.

:D Do you think I should download updates I have the REV A v 5.02

Paul

"E80004005 Unspecified error" translates loosely as "something is wrong and it isn't in this list of things I have to choose from".

Certainly, it is possible it doesn't like the blank discs. It is also possible AVG is having problems with ECDC 5 or vice versa - that has come up before.

Did you try some other brand of discs?

Lynn

"E80004005 Unspecified error" translates loosely as "something is wrong and it isn't in this list of things I have to choose from".

Certainly, it is possible it doesn't like the blank discs. It is also possible AVG is having problems with ECDC 5 or vice versa - that has come up before.

Did you try some other brand of discs?

Lynn

Well, when I get the financing I will try other cd"s. Normally, I use walmart brand and they always worked. But I can use the function "drag and drop"

Harry

Well, when I get the financing I will try other cd"s. Normally, I use walmart brand and they always worked. But I can use the function "drag and drop"

Harry

:) Well OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went back to the Roxio Basic and did the Dell Patch update and it worked and thats good enough for me.

Is there anyone who has a windows 98 se I could use?

Harry

:) Well OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went back to the Roxio Basic and did the Dell Patch update and it worked and thats good enough for me.

Is there anyone who has a windows 98 se I could use?

Harry

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after all that it was a Dell problem, not Roxio. Glad you got the fix.

Archived