• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Power Calibration Area Error (Medium Error)

capricepusha

Question

6 answers to this question

Power Calibration Area errors generally indicate a basic incompatibility between the burner and the media. If this is a brand new burner - I'd start by trying some different media.

Where the heck have you been, Rich? lol. Caprice is a hit and run poster, so may not see your good response.

Where the heck have you been, Rich? lol. Caprice is a hit and run poster, so may not see your good response.

This is a busy time of the year for me - traveling. Spent last week in Arizona - 50/50 work and play. Just got home Sunday night.

Sometimes I post hoping someone else with the same problem will do a search and find something I had to offer was helpful.

This is a busy time of the year for me - traveling. Spent last week in Arizona - 50/50 work and play. Just got home Sunday night.

Sometimes I post hoping someone else with the same problem will do a search and find something I had to offer was helpful.

That is the way it is, if folks would only learn how to use the search function. :)

I am in Idaho, at my son's. 100% play, but I am hoping it will be 100% work when I get back home on Sunday.

Just installed a new burner and I am still getting an error message thats in the topic title. Also ran an error-check and it didnt fix the problem.

You provided no information on what you were doing, but update the firmware for your new burner, and use a differerent brand and type (+R/-R) of media.

Just installed a new burner and I am still getting an error message thats in the topic title. Also ran an error-check and it didnt fix the problem.

We can infer a little information from what you've said, but it's still inference, and not fact. Actually, all we can infer is that you were getting a Power Calibration Area Error with a previous drive, and you're still getting it with a new drive.

So, let's start with some more information.

Is the inference above correct?

What make and model of drive do you currently have?

What type of disc are you using, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW?

What brand of disc are you using?

Have you tried a different brand or type of disc?

If so, do you get the same error?

What type of disc are you trying to write, Audio CD, Audio DVD, Data CD, Data DVD, Movie DVD?

What exact version of Easy Media Creator are you running?

What version of Windows and with what Service Packs?

More system information? (RAM, Disk drive space...)

Let us know, maybe we can come up with some suggestions.

Power Calibration Area errors generally indicate a basic incompatibility between the burner and the media. If this is a brand new burner - I'd start by trying some different media.

Archived